Nguyen <removed> -I want my money back

juliesnp
Contributor
Contributor

Transaction ID 8WG11583K54456332 on March 18th for 23.98. I never received the product and I am furious that PayPal took the word of a scam artist over me. Why would I lie about toilet paper? It is not a lot of money, but it is to me and it is the principle of the matter. I never received my item...I have emailed the seller and he will not respond to me. He is a scam artist and I want my money back.   

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Dani_els
Mine says it was north bay medical center so I was thinking he donated hand sanitizer on my dime
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Wow, I am in the same situation by someone called Tu xxxxxxx <Removed>.  The xxx are a spacer. I'm out $110 USD for a vacuum. Shipped to a fake address but used my correct name and zip according to UPS. Seems that I am in for lots of issues too. If this doesn't go through. I will be done with paypal and will get my bank to handle it. 

Login to Me Too

rosem3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I had a problem a year ago. Please be very careful where you buy your items. Ebay will tell you where the seller originates from so now I try to stay away from Asian countries, unfortunately .  Also it could be deceiving especially when it states it is being shipped from the US but if you go further, the original country will pop up. Not to say there are scammers in this country as well. However, if you complained to Paypal they will help you out just follow the instructions and be patient. They are very slow. They reach out to the seller and if they don't respond you get a refund OR just go through the bank and see how they will handle it. Good luck and always remember BUYER BEWARE.

Login to Me Too

mccoy72811
Contributor
Contributor

I am having an issue with this person as well. The item was apparently shipped but I tracked with UPS and that wasnt the case on their end with the shipper. Pay Pal closed my dispute and did not help. 

Login to Me Too

Piper108
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from an online store out of New Jersey for a Nintendo Game that went back to him with a CA phone number. When I went back to the website, Goggle indicated that the Nicola Store was a dangerous website and since I had entered information used on other saved accounts that I should change passwords on them! 

I received no confirmation e-mail from the order or response from my customer service inquiry and started the resolution process this morning. Sad that Paypal does not see the pattern here...I had good luck dealing with fraudulent vendors on 2 other occasions so we'll see this time....

Login to Me Too

Clara27
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by this person too! I got refundes by paypal but after a month I received an email from paypal that this scammer provided them with a ups tracking number. I got suspicious since the weight of the product in the tracking number is 36 lbs. i only ordered 2 hand sanitizers that only weighs 8 oz each! I also called up ups and they said that the package delivered for that tracking number is NOT under my name and address. I tried to contact paypal to report it. It had already taken me like an hour trying to navigate the website on how to contact a customer rep but i was unsuccessful. I Also tried the numbers but it wont connect me to a live person. How can they let this person do business with paypal if a lot of people has already posted several complaints?

Login to Me Too

Majedabrice
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same way. Exact thing happened to me. There are about 26 of us who have been scammed by the same person. PayPal should disable scammers but they don’t. I say we all file a class action

Login to Me Too

fho2800
Contributor
Contributor

Class action would be nice but will take a long time. Paypal is definitely at fault. In the meantime, UPS should provide the full name and delivery address on their proof of delivery so these scammers would be able to take advantage of it. I had already written to UPS about this.

By the way, this scammer is not alone. My four other orders from Tran <removed> and Tran <removed> are in the same situation. I am now disputing with the bank and credit card company.

Login to Me Too

scammedperson
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here, yes this man is indeed a scammer and one would think that Pay Pal would have figured this out by now, rather than allowing him to continue to take money via Pay Pal, while not providing anything at all.  Unreal.  Have gone through my credit card to report fraud, but Pay Pal has to know that there is a HUGE problem.    

Login to Me Too

Dani_els
There is an investigative reporter asking questions under his name on Facebook. Hopefully we get justice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.