Nguyen <removed> -I want my money back

juliesnp
Contributor
Contributor

Transaction ID 8WG11583K54456332 on March 18th for 23.98. I never received the product and I am furious that PayPal took the word of a scam artist over me. Why would I lie about toilet paper? It is not a lot of money, but it is to me and it is the principle of the matter. I never received my item...I have emailed the seller and he will not respond to me. He is a scam artist and I want my money back.   

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juliesnp 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

juliesnp
Contributor
Contributor

Been there … done that ...

My dispute was settled in his favor and I want my money back ...

I can't dispute it again and I will continue to fight for my money ...

School is closed for me and I have tons of time on my hands ...

I guess my next call is my bank ...

Login to Me Too

mccoy72811
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same issue ! 

Login to Me Too

juliesnp
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

How do I do this??

I tried to dispute the claim again and was denied 5 times!

Login to Me Too

ttoca525
Contributor
Contributor

You're wasting your time with this advice. Go straight to your card or bank account and file the dispute with them.  Paypal won't do a DAMN thing on your behalf they'll just close the dispute and find in sellers favor.  Look at all the replies about this topic from the SAME SELLER

Login to Me Too

JOJack
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happen to me.  My case was denied. Since seller had a UPS tracking number.   I noticed this tracking number was used on my transactions was 1Z9929EX0345426898 UPS tracking number for all three items I ordered.  Plus this UPS number was used by another company

katina skinny.  I didn't receive my item from.  I know it must be a scam.  But Paypal will not listen to me, since seller had a UPS shipping number 

Login to Me Too

juliesnp
Contributor
Contributor

So deeply frustrating ... not happy ... I plan on calling my bank tomorrow to see if they can get me a resolution ... they probably can’t, but I am not leaving any stone unturned

Login to Me Too

Parkranger553
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that we have both have been part of a similar scan

Scam Alert: Tracking Code Trick Costs Holiday Shoppers

<edited>

I contacted the delivery company to report that the item did not arrive and was told the shipping label did not match my name and address and therefore could not file a claim.  I phoned the seller and the phone number is not operable.  This is the first time in 20 years of my experience with online shopping that I did not receive an item because the shipping label was incorrect.  Even it the seller made an honest mistake they should still be held responsible to the customer and paypal should do a chargeback.  The shipping company should also be helpful in allowing for a claim to help the case along.  By not siding with the customer the legitimate companies involved are allowing the scam to continue unabated.   Some resources write to the CEO of any  legitimate company involved, contact your states attorney generals office, lobby for a change in consumer rights laws, contact your local news agency dept that deals with consumer rights issues.

Login to Me Too

Parkranger553
Contributor
Contributor

The link that I provided in my earlier post that did not show is an article written by the better business bureau.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.