New business account flagged as fraudulent for no real reason

ManuelMontotoOU
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just registered a business account and has instantly been flagged as fraudulent:

"we detected that this account was created using either fraudulent or stolen information"

I don't know what has triggered this but this is clearly an error. To make things worse, writing to the customer service has been an exercise in futiliy as I'm only receiving seemingly automated responses and there's no chance I can fix whatever they are seeing as problematic.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ManuelMontotoOU 

Reply to the responses asking to speak with a human.

Or reach out to PayPal on Facebook or Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal     

Twitter: @AskPayPal      

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ManuelMontotoOU
Contributor
Contributor

Already tried asking for a human.. 

I'm now trying with Facebook. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

ManuelMontotoOU
Contributor
Contributor

An hour after there doesn't seem to be anyone reading messages in Facebook...

To be honest I would have never thought Paypal had such a terrible, terrible customer service. I may have to try by phone maybe...

Login to Me Too

ManuelMontotoOU
Contributor
Contributor

In case this is of service to anyone else, after talking by phone with Paypal looks like the problem was that you are not supposed to register an account from another country. I have to close the account and open it again in my country.

Very nice phone support at both the countries I called. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE support online. You should be ashamed.

Login to Me Too

Justin_Z
New Community Member

Agree, it is the worst service I've ever met in the world.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.