New account permanently limited after paypal told me to make a new account

Tymoteusz0
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from paypal today that after review, my account was shut down as it was made before i turned 18, which is understandable and i have no complaints there, in the email it specifically says "To continue using our service, please open a new PayPal account. You'll need to use a different email address." Which i proceeded to do so, even uploading ID since it was prompted right as my account was created. I check my account on my pc, no issues, i check on my phone and i have a notification that my new account is permanently limited, i tried to use the chat bot and it says i am permanently limited too, why?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Tymoteusz0
Contributor
Contributor

this had been sorted, thank you

Login to Me Too

Jbh70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, i'm in the same boat but have not had my case resolved and Paypal are not responding to my emails.  Can I ask how you managed to get it resolved?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tymoteusz0 

If you break paypal rules by opening an illegal underage account then there is no guarantee that once you are 18 they will let you open another one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.