New account permanently limited after being told to make a new account

Shadept
Contributor
Contributor

So I made an account with a fake name to see if I wanted to use PayPal business or regular PayPal not realizing that I'd need to have a photo ID to change the name on the account or to even delete the account, so I contacted support, and they said I'd have to make a new account, so I did and when I did, it was immediately permanently limited, so again I contacted support, and they said they couldn't do anything, so I made another account and this time it wasn't immediately limited however a few weeks after I made the account it was limited once again.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shadept 

As you opened a legal financial account with a fake name then PayPal may think you are a high risk to have an account with them, you would need to check with customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shadept
Contributor
Contributor

I did, and they told me to make a new account, so I did, and it was immediately locked, so after trying to contact support again through text and then not responding I called up support, and they said they couldn't do anything, so I took a chance and made a third account which ended being completely fine for a few weeks and then a few days ago it was suddenly closed, so now I'm here not sure what to do. I expect if I call up support again, I'll get the same response. I still want to use PayPal for my business as it is the most popular and easiest tool thus it's used by everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.