Need your assistance please

Phil1236
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.. I kindly need your assistance. I fell for lie through social media turns out I was being scammed made payment through PayPal. I filed a case mentioning going through a scamming situation and requested a refund. The "seller" reached out mentioning that they will refund my money but I need to mark the case closed cause he/she can't access his accounts since I filed a report, worried if do close they will not issue the refund. Any suggestions? Cause once closed the case can't be reopened and I'm worried the person is not being honest. Is one able to send a refund once a case is filed on your account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phil1236 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phil1236 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phil1236
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.. I escalated the issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.