Need help to transfer my funds from my old account which got limited 7 months ago.

HueLight
Contributor
Contributor

7 months ago my old paypal account from 2010 got limited after sending photos of my ID, because my name in paypal was altered and did not match the ID. (back in 2010 i did not know it could be a problem)

i got informed that the money will be held for 180 days and after that i will get an email with instructions to how i could transfer it to another account.
190+ days has passed and no such email ever arrived.

I have opened a new account since then with my personal name/surname and now 7 months after i want to transfer my funds from my old account to my new account. i have messaged support about it and they give me that link again in order to confirm my identity (in this account) and that it should take 5 business days.

it's been 9 days since then and nothing happens. i have called paypal support on phone again and they told me to send another request to transfer my funds from my old account. i did that and i got answered that i cant transfer my funds to my new account because its not verified. well ofc it's not because no one checked the photos i have uploaded that confirms that i am the same person. is there anything i can do? should i just wait more time?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HueLight 

Once you have a permanent ban as you have broken paypal rules then it applies to you and not just that account.

So as you didn't ask customer services if you could open a second account then you 'may' find it is banned soon as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HueLight
Contributor
Contributor

That's not what they told me on the phone. they said it happened to many people and once the details on the new account matches the ID it should be fine. how will i transfer my funds from the limited account in the first place if that was the case?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HueLight 

Was the name on your limited account a fake name or your real name but you changed it for legal reasons ie marriage?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HueLight
Contributor
Contributor

When i made the account 10-12 years ago i wanted an American name so i altered my name to instead of Alon to Alan. i did not know it would be a problem back then. this time the name matches 1:1. i even asked them twice on the phone if there will be a problem in this account regarding this matter and both of them said it happened a lot of time to others as well, and if the ID matches the name in the new account it should not be a problem. my old account did not got limited because i "broke the TOS" but because they noticed inconsistency with the provided details. (i have informed that these are two different levels of limitations)

Login to Me Too

HueLight
Contributor
Contributor

Update: after few phone calls, i was able to validate my new account and transfer all my funds! \o/

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HueLight 

Good news thanks for the update.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.