Mysterious experience through Facebook link to Word Food Program request for donations

Care4security
New Community Member

URGENT - PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO SECURITY DEPARTMENT AS A POSSIBLY "INFECTED" FACEBOOK LINK TRYING TO DIG INTO FACEBOOK USERS LOG IN ETC I am an elderly private member of PayPal, and approximately 02:23 AM, I tried to respond to a World Food Program appeal to donate in face of horrific starvation in Madagascar. I went in for a donation of $10 USD and clicked on PayPal as choice of method of payment. The first strange thing I noticed was that the User Interface was in a foreign language that appeared to be Spanish or rather Portuguese! It appears that the system took my Google Pay details and my name was filled out, but as far as I remember, my telephone number was not filled out. I noticed what looked like a French flag to the left side of the number, and the number said <removed> in numeric order. Before I even had logged into my account, or even tried to type in a password, I was sent a security code to type in. The security code purportedly from PayPal, was <removed> That was very confusing as I had not even filled out my PayPal password in order to log in!!!! In addition to that the user interface appeared to be in Portuguese or Spanish, more like Portuguese. I was unsure what to do with the mystery security code, as I had not even entered a password!!!!! I found the user interface very suspicious, and felt that it could be a sort of Fisching ploy trying to confuse me enough to type in my information on to a log in form that had been tampered with. I decided that I have some moral shared responsability to inform PayPal, but there was no email link. I tried the resolution center, but there was nothing fitting my query. I tried to phone <removed> from a landlines internet phone, but being a holiday and weekend, the automatic responder said that they were closed. As I felt that I needed to inform PayPal immediately about a pattern aberration through Facebook, I decided to inform PayPal community. I feel that Google's autofill function may have been attempted abused to get my initial information from Google before I even had tried to enter my PayPal password!! Therefore please ask PayPal security to contact the US FBI Cybercrime center IC3 (or a similar name) asking FBI Cybercrime unit to investigate with the help of Google and Facebook, but entirely under FBI terms and conditions. I know that I am safe as far as my log in information goes, and I don't need to change my password, but I found it extremely suspicious as some persons privy to Facebook (as I was logged into Facebook) apparently tried to use Google autofill to get all my personal information, and may have been waiting for me to type in something onto the så called "PayPal form with the wrong user interface language" which made my experience really weird. Instead of typing any PayPal password, I chose to abort the weird log in page, and tried to report possible mysterious activity. As I had nobody to report to, as the phone to PayPal was closed for weekend, I chose to report the incident to PayPal community. I as the PayPal community to report immediately to PayPal security regarding a possible suspicious Facebook connection, asking PayPal to contact FBI AI analytics on Cybercrime and how Facebook protagonists could be trying to cook together a plan trying to abuse Google Autofill to capture sufficient private information from me in order to try to defraud my now or later. I believe that my PayPal account is still quite safe as I did not even enter my password, but I felt responsible to inform PayPal, asking for FBI to be aware of the mysterious Facebook Google autofill connection. I request the admins on this community to delete my message, or even issue a warning, depending on what FBI Cybercrime department feels right, in order to investigate the problem in confidentiality. PayPal and the Cybercrime unit may also keep my post as is, but I could advise that the criminals need not be informed that we are becoming aware of suspicious activity. On the other hand, I feel a moral responsibility to help protect other PayPal customers, as well as Google Pay system about strange things that appear to be attempted over the Facebook platform!!!! I do this both out of my gratitude to FBI as well as PayPal for taking care of my and my very special security issues, as well as my vulnerability due to my very high age and multiple disabilities. Gbu all!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.