My son verified my business account with his details and now it's disabled. I told him not to do so.

CMV2
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal Support Team.

As my eyes can notice, there must have happened a very big misunderstanding. First and foremost, let me introduce to you how the situation looks like from my point of view. Within these days, I have been really busy with some personal problems that have been going on with my life. My son, who turned 18 this year has gone to college and I have been occasionally letting him use my pp account from time to time in order for him to pay some of his expenses and so on.

Apart from this, I have been using my account pretty regularly on some investments I have made. Support team noticed itself and asked me to verify the account. No problem at all, but as I couldn't verify it right away because of my personal problems, my son must've somehow noticed that and thought he could become the owner of the account if he could verify himself. He called me and asked me if he could do so. Of course I said no because when I created that account I created with business purpose, not for personal shopping. But as children think like children, he verified it with his details.

Now it's restricted because he was under 18 when I created the account. I resent them the verification documents. I'm waiting now for a response.

Any tips what I can do in order to at least withdraw the money? The account has my name.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @CMV2

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Reviewing your post, I understand you and your son shared a PayPal account, and then it was restricted. During the restriction process, it appears your son provided information showing he was underage when the account was created. I know this can be a frustrating situation. 

If the account was originally created under your son's name, then the PayPal account would be considered his. PayPal does not allow accounts to be shared. In this case, if your son is of age for our services, he may be able to create another PayPal account, and you may create your own separate account. 

I hope this helps provide some assistance and clarity. If not, please know we are here for you.  You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. 

Thank you!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.