My paypal account just got perma banned or restricted, but i didn't break any of the TOS rules

Pdgt3
New Community Member

Hello, i'm from costa rica and used paypal only to pay for things online, like Uber trips, uber food, games from official stores and whatnot, but only stuff like that and the occassional transfer from my friends and people i know, a couple of days i contacted support because i started using Wink and needed the name on my wink account and my paypal account to be the same and i had a typo on my name from when i created my paypal account, today my name was set to the correct name from the info i sent to the support but also my account is now permanently restricted? i haven't done anything against tos, and i think my paypal account didn't have any movements apart from a bit of money i received from my gf to buy some cinema tickets, contacted support via call but they say they can't disclose what i did and that i can't dispute the restriction in any way, what can i do? the account has linked the 2 only bank cards i have and my only phone number, that means i cant create another paypal account without changing my phone number and requesting another card to my bank

Honestly all of this situation seems really unfair to me, i didn't do anything agains the TOS and i get banned without explanation?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pdgt3 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pdgt3
New Community Member

Hello, i already did what you suggested, however they tell me i can't receive a response or a reason as to why i got a ban, they aren't allowed to give me a reason.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pdgt3 

Yes, I'm aware of that but to be honest there is nothing else we can advise is there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.