My account was limited for no reason

Pueppi
Contributor
Contributor

I don't even know where to send messages anymore. I'm trying here, maybe this time I will not get an automatic generated message -_-.

I need someone from the staff to clarify why my account was limited for no reason and no warning. No one is giving me any reason or explanation for why is it limited. I received a response after my first e-mail that I sent to support telling me that it is a final decision to suspend my account. On what basis? Why? For what reason? There are no suspicious transactions on my account. There have never been any suspicious or illegal transactions on my account.
From the Resolution Center there is no way to do anything in order to restore my account.
I cite the information from the site: ”In most cases, we’ll email you or you’ll see an alert on your Account Overview before a limitation goes into effect. If you log in to PayPal and address this warning when prompted, you may be able to prevent the limitation.”
In most cases, yeah, I get that, but I received absolutely nothing. When I logged into my account there was no warning. I found out about the limitation while I was trying to made a purchase on a website. I was given no chance to prevent the limitation, absolutely nothing. This is absolutely outrageous and unfair. I've been with Paypal since 2017 and I've never had a single problem.
I will cite their information again, ” If you find that your account has been limited, the best source of information on what you’ll need to do is the email you receive informing you that your account is limited.” I repeat myself, I haven't received any e-mail related to the situation, no warning, no nothing.
I want something to be done. This is very unfair! 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

EmmaAmie94
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pueppi 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pueppi
Contributor
Contributor
I don't buy that. Since 2017 all I did with my account was to buy games on Steam or trusted sites, pay some subscriptions to Twitch, Discord and others and occasionally send my friends some money or just receive money for some friends and acquaintaces. It's a personal account, not a business one. I'm only a buyer, not a seller. So don't tell me after 4 years they just decided to permanently limit my account for "a good reason". I simply don't buy that because I know what I do with my account and you can't tell me otherwise. I know better and I stand by what I say. 🙂 I called customer support anyway and the nice lady that I talked with made an appeal for my case and now I'm waiting for news on my e-mail. I still don't have hope for my limitation to be lifted, but at least I want to know the dumb reason they just decided to do that because I see none. It seems normal to me to know what is happening. I believe I have the right to know.
Login to Me Too

DylanTheGod
Contributor
Contributor
Bud mine was banned as well for no reason. A roommate sends me rent through it and I have discord/Xbox payments through it. That’s it. I have no idea why I’ve been permanently banned. Any way I could get that number bud? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

Pueppi
Contributor
Contributor
Under this page you go to Help & Contact -> Contact Us -> Call Us and it will redirect you to a page with a local number of your country but when you call, it will transfer you anyway to an English speaking person. It will ask you for your e-mail, fullname and the last 4 digits of your card. She or he will probably do with you as she did with me, make an appeal and send your account for a 2nd review and you will receive an answer through your e-mail in the next 72h. Don't ask for the reason why your account was limited because s/he won't tell you, s/he can't know that information. Hope you can solve this! I'm still waiting for my response. Good luck! ^^
Login to Me Too

ebgiang
New Community Member

I just called the support and apparently they told me "they don't have a process for appealing a limitation". For my case, I decided to sell an item and the buyer received it and I received the money. Scroll forward days later my account goes under a permanent limitation with obviously no specific details. I honestly believe this was a mistake and now I am truly upset that I can't use paypal anymore to buy/sell items on certain merchant sites. 

Login to Me Too

ebgiang
New Community Member

I am also going through a similar process as you but I am buyer and just recently a seller. I been using paypal for years to purchase games and send money to friends. But, recently I decided to sell an item to make some money on the side and everything goes well, buyer receives the item and I receive the money on my account. Days later I receive an email stating my account is permanently limited with no details stating what led to their decision. I believe my case is most definitely a mistake no doubt about it. I called paypal support a total of 3 times and obviously they don't give you the exact reason and all they say is we came to a decision to permanently limit your account. I even asked if there is a appeal review process and they said no, which makes no sense seeing how huge of a company they are to have no appeal review process. I am honestly upset because a lot of the merchandise I purchase from various websites/businesses use paypal. It is truly upsetting that they don't give you the details on the reasoning,  we should have the right to know. They also keep saying that its because of privacy reasons which makes no sense because it shouldn't be since I am the account holder after all so I should be able to know that information. It's also crazy that it takes 180 days to transfer the money out of your account as well. 

Login to Me Too

DylanTheGod
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the late reply. I called and they had me email some aup@//paypal.com or something like that as they could not offer me any kind of assistance over the phone. I’ve yet to get a reply so I’ve pretty much given up on getting my account back. Oh well. I usually just use my account to send/collect money. PayPal charges a fee. I’ll be using the much superior zelle from now on, funds available for free instantly compared to having to pay PayPal a fee lol not too big a loss. Will just have to add my ccs to various payment methods. Will be worth it instantly as I’m about to get paid rent soon lol no more fees from me. Dont fret all, zelle is the way
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.