My account is on HOLD

Alkhebairy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I've started this business PayPal account recently ( was a personal account initially). I have connected it to my Shopify shop but when the customer tries to purchase through PayPal, it says (This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement) as a red note on my checkout page. I checked my account, they have showed me this message on the payments page ( On hold‪‬ Why your money is on hold PayPal will withhold any money from sales because:

You’re new to PayPal, or we have limited selling history on this account.

Process 10 payments for goods and services starting today.

Process ‪200.00 USD‬ in sales starting today.

Have an account in good standing for 60 days).

Now I don't understand the problem very well and how to solve it, my PayPal account is being linked to a bank account but no transactions have been made before even when it was personal. Moreover, I tried to contact the customer service but that AI assistant replies to me always and I cannot contact the live agent him/her self. Please help regarding the account and how to reach out the customer support ( live agents). Thanks 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Alkhebairy,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your account. I can certainly understand how concerning and frustrating this would be, especially if you're having trouble reaching us. 

I see you've stated that you've been unable to reach a live agent when calling us. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter. We'd be happy to assist you there.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

lolo108
New Community Member

I am having the same problem! looks like PayPal will soon run out of business

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.