My account is blocked?

davidgurguis
Contributor
Contributor

i received a Paypal message saying my account is blocked now, and i can no longer use paypal? i'm completely confused as to what I've done wrong on my account? 

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We've noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement and therefore can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidgurguis 

Whatever is going on with your account, PayPal thinks its not being operated in accordance with the user agreement. Go through it with a fine tooth comb. Or you're seen as high risk. No one here knows how you behaved with your account so can't really provide any insight. On the other hand, it could have been a misunderstanding or false positive triggered on your account so you'll need to reach out to customer service to appeal. Please note that response will take longer due to reduced staff so patience and perseverance is needed to get in touch with PayPal and their limitations dept may not be in a full working capacity.

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click MESSAGE US or other contact options live chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

In the mean time, use your bank debit card or credit card to fund purchases independently of PayPal. They should also protect you from unauthorized transactions too, not just PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidgurguis 

Whatever is going on with your account, PayPal thinks its not being operated in accordance with the user agreement. Go through it with a fine tooth comb. Or you're seen as high risk. No one here knows how you behaved with your account so can't really provide any insight. On the other hand, it could have been a misunderstanding or false positive triggered on your account so you'll need to reach out to customer service to appeal. Please note that response will take longer due to reduced staff so patience and perseverance is needed to get in touch with PayPal and their limitations dept may not be in a full working capacity.

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click MESSAGE US or other contact options live chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

In the mean time, use your bank debit card or credit card to fund purchases independently of PayPal. They should also protect you from unauthorized transactions too, not just PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GHO
Contributor
Contributor

I  HAVE 3 ACCOUNT  WITH A LOT  OF MONEY  THERE IN DIFFERENT  CURENCY BECAUSE BUSINESS IN DIFFERENT  COUNTRY 

I  TRY  TO  SAVE MY  MONEY  BY  TRANSFERT  TO ONE ACCONT  TO  AN OTHER  ONE THAN WITHDRAW WITHOUT  LOOSE MORE THAN 3 % FEES  BECAUSE PAYPAL JUMP FOR ALLWAYS CATCH MONEY TRANSACTION PLUS FEES 

AFTER RICH  TO  CONECT  ONE ACCOUNT IN DIFFERENT  CURRENCY (3 MONTH NEGOCIATION  FORCING  PAYPAL TO  ACCEPT TO ADD DIFFERENT  CURRENCY  ACCOUNT FOR WITHDRAW 

SO AFTER THAT SUCCESSFUL PAYPAL BLOCK ALL ACCOUNT  AND THEY  KEEP MY  MONEY  (MORE THAN 3 MONTHS NOW) 

THEY USE CORONA TO AVOID ALL CONTACT  AND BLOCK ALL ACCESS EMAIL AND PHONE  THIS IS A PRATICE OF  PROFESSIONAL GANGSTER 

WE HAVE FIND GOOD COMPETITOR NOW (CONTACT ME AT THIERRY4581AT GMAILDOT COM IF YOU  NEED)  BUT  WE STILL HAVE TO PUBLISH THIS KIND OF TRATIC AND MAKE ACTION IN COURT FOR GET  BACK THE MONEY  STOLLEN BY PAYPAL 

Login to Me Too

macnut64
New Community Member

I found a rather cryptic message when I logged on a few weeks ago that said my account was limited and I "can no longer use PayPal." I still have some money in my account and they tell me I can have access to it in six months (maybe five by now). 

What is more frustrating to me than losing access to my money is the opacity of the process. There is apparently no way to get a straight answer from a human being as to what they think I have done wrong or what if anything I can do to rectify the situation. 

Here is what I have done to try to figure this out:

1. I clicked on the button "would you like to message us?" for a text chat. I found myself chatting with a bot that had very little to offer me. 

2. I called the phone number. I talked to a guy in the Philippines who was nice enough but could not tell me what was wrong with my account. Apparently he doesn't even work for PayPal so he can't access my specific information, "for the sake of my privacy" of course.

3. On his suggestion I sent an email. I haven't received a reply.

I suspect that what might happen is I will hear nothing at all from PayPal for the next five months, then will get a cursory email offering to send my balance to my bank, and will never know what it was that I did to offend PayPal. In the meantime I am unable to order from certain places because of my suspended account. I can't even use the credit cards I linked to the account. 

I will never do business with PayPal again. I prefer Venmo anyway.

Does anyone know what sort of offenses trigger this? I have never bought or sold anything illegal or used a compromised bank account or credit card. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220727bj
New Community Member

I have the same issue. last week my account was limited due to verifications, i've uploaded all required documents like passport letter of authorisation etc, assigned account to bank etc, done all the requirements and was waiting for the limits to be lifted to find this morning that account says i can't use PayPal. this is a business account, how can we run our business especcially within these tough times if PayPal is blocking us! this is so frustrating!

I've just sent a message in message centre, but there's no contact phone number anymore! how can i get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

kayuzzy1
New Community Member

i am in the same situation. 2 weeks ago paypal wanted invoices and shipping information so i uploaded what they asked for and this morning i was chatting to paypal advisor online but then suddenly i got blocked. why? now i have funds in the account which i cannot access and there is no way for me to contact them. I am totally confused and i don't think this is fair without any explanation i get blocked. i contacted ebay and they cannot do anything because its with paypal and nor i can contact paypal via phone call. this is pathetic and appalling now i don't know what to do  

Login to Me Too

Tushar1221
New Community Member
I am 18 years old but my account block. I have proof of age Pan card and Indian aadhar id card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.