My account is blocked after the first transaction

__karina_st__
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my name is Karina and I am from Ukraine, from Bucha. I work as a teacher. Because of the war, many of my students have gone abroad and now I have to work online and, accordingly, start accepting payment for lessons online as well. But after my parents' first payment, my account was blocked for 180 days and I can't get my money back now.
I don't know who to contact, tech support doesn't work, I don't know any friends who can help me either...

I hope someone can help me and I would really appreciate it!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@__karina_st__ 

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but you are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

You still can't do commercial transactions and accepting friends/family payments for goods or services is against Paypal rules and probably explained why you received the ban.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

__karina_st__
Contributor
Contributor

So there's no way I can get my money back now ?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@__karina_st__ 

You *may* be allowed to withdraw after 180 days, depends if paypal confiscate the funds under their acceptable use policy or not.

You will have to wait 180 days and then you should receive an email.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.