My account got permanently restricted and I did not get any clarification or warning about it.

julio-k
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I got paid through the app of Depop by selling a second hand tshirt of mine. After that I tried to transfer the money that was deposited from my paypal account to my bank account. But this could not happen unless I gave some authentication information that paypal asked me to first such as tracking number of the shipment, payment information through depop etc. After that IMMEDIATELY my account was restricted and got no clarification or warning about it as to what went so horribly wrong. I tried to call the help center and the guy that I talked to did literally nothing to help me and the only thing he said is that this is final and can not be resolved otherwise, again without any reason as to why this happened although I told him that I have every proof and information about the ownership of this account and the information about the payment that I received. 

Something definitely when really bad and I do not know what else I can do. They literally restricted any use of the paypal and I can not create a new account and enter the same bank account information which it is ridiculous. They are treating me like a criminal or something at this point AND ALL THIS FOR GETTING 25 EUROS FOR A TSHIRT THAT I SOLD ON A SECOND HAND APP. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julio-k 

Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not living in the country where you opened your Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Too many disputes/claims.
10. Violating their acceptable use policy.
Normally you can't appeal a permanent limitation however if its none of the above reasons then you could try and contact customer services to appeal?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

christoffer05
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same thing happened to me after a depop sale but in my case i sold a pair of jeans for 300 euro which i can’t afford to lose. did you get any help or find any solutions?
Login to Me Too

julio-k
Contributor
Contributor

I will answer both mister kernowlass and christoffer05.

In my case, apparently my photos of ID CARD for clarification was not sufficient and they instantly perma ban me without explaining or giving me any chance of fixing what they wanted. 

So you will ask how did I end up knowing what they needed so that maybe I can fix this problem?

WELL, first call I made with customer service there was a guy which IMMEDIETLY wanted me to get cancelled and told me that he saw my case and this decision was already made absolute and CAN NOT BE CHANGED AND THAT HE WAS THE LAST LINE OF SUPPORT. HE DID NOT EVEN INFORM ME THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR A SECOND REVIEW AND WHAT INFO DO I NEED TO PROVIDE FOR CONFIRMATION. 

I was literally desperate and frightened at this point, confused thinking that I can not call again because he or someone of his co-workers will say the same thing, I tried to send messages to resolution center with no actual help as I just got FAQ links for stuff that could not help my case.

After 2 days I tried to call again as there was nothing else I could do at this point and this time THANK GOD a kind and thoughtful miss on the call heard my situation! She explained to me what was the problem and that she will email me a link so that I can provide/upload more proof with my driver license that it is actually me who manages this account and after 72 workday hours the second review will take place. Although it took more than those days, I called again to check the status of the process, I got another miss which ask me some more basic info and said that in 24 hours the restriction in my account will be over. It did not even took 15min and it was resolved after that.

In my experience, I would say that this is very anxious situation to be, due to many things on the internet requiring you to pay through paypal and this limits a lot of stuff which I really hate to feel that way personally.    

Hope noone gets the first guy I spoke to for resolving any situation that you are in as he definitely did not want to even move his finger to help and he works for help center.. what a joke. If I have to rank this experience is definitely below 0 as its just pure luck at this point and I had to commit myself a lot to actually get this case fixed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.