My PayPal account was hacked!

KrisVFX1
Contributor
Contributor

When I woke up this morning, I found three emails from Paypal. "New email address was added" "2-step verification was turned on" "Your credit/bank account was confirmed"

None of this was my doing!!! And the new account that was added was this new email that I don't own so i guessed I was hacked?!!

Paypal said on the emails to contact them from their website.

But dear Paypal!!!   

How TF am I supposed to contact you when I can not access my account at all?! When I tried logging in, it said that my email was not authenticated with Paypal. 

Thats why I created a new account just to post this, if someone can help me. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrisVFX1 

1. https://www.paypal.com/al/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Password and account access
  3. Click Report unauthorized access or unknown charges
  4. Click “Call Us” after the “This information might help” box.
  5. Click “Call Us as Guest” link!

You should back up your files and then reset your device to factory settings to wipe any malware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KrisVFX1
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I would have done that, but i can not log into my account at all. Right now I'm writing from an alt which I created for this problem. That hacker removed my Email as a way to log in. I have no other way to log into account and ask PayPal for help!

Login to Me Too

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Change your paypal password, too!!!

Login to Me Too

KrisVFX1
Contributor
Contributor

@TonyTam 

How am I  supposed to change my password when I can not log in or recover my Account anymore?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrisVFX1 

@sharpiemarker gave you the correct advice, if you read to the end of their post they advised you to use the guest option as you can't log in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.