My Account was hacked

Overcoooked
Contributor
Contributor

what can i do if my paypal account is hacked and i cant gain access to it anymore cause the password is change or the email it self my only conern is that my information and contact is there and i might be in trouble for something that i did not do. I recieved an email telling me that I send money to a person i have no recollection of that doing. I have the transaction id and dont know what to do with it. It happened on sept 29, 6 am in the morning when that happened i have no longer have acces to my account. I created new papay account to report the problem and now I still dont know what to do or what should i do 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Overcoooked,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. 

As you are unable to access your account to re-secure it and report any unauthorized activity yourself, please contact our Customer Support as soon as possible.

To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.