My 78 y/o mom was scammed using pre-paid debit cards and paypal

orlandotroy
New Community Member

My 78 y/o mother was scammed in a Publisher's Clearing House scam recently.  They had her get a cashier's check, money orders and pre-paid debit cards.  The pre-paid debit cards were redeemed into a PayPal account.  Is there any way that I can report this FRAUD to PayPal and possibly get some, if not all, of my mother's $4,500 back?

I have reported it to the Florida Attorney General, the FBI IC3 Internet Crime Division, the USPS Inspector's office and the local sheriff's office.  These people should rot in hell for preying on our senior citizens by promising them millions in winnings and new cars.  It's truly sad.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @orlandotroy,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to your mother. I know this must be extremely concerning. PayPal is always working to disable any accounts participating in activity such as what you have described. 

To have this reported and investigated, please contact our Customer Support as soon as possible. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.