Mr Beast YouTube Scam - Help Please

Han77
Contributor
Contributor
Niece accidentally entered all my PayPal details including address, phone number and email on a YouTube Mr Beast Scam. I have removed the card from this account but not sure if there are any other measures I should take. Any help would be appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Han77 

Change password, if that was provided. Set up 2FA or use Apple Passkey functionality with their new OS software update. Otherwise, nothing very much can be done with just the name, phone number, email and physical address, all of which are the usual info exchanged anyway to conduct PayPal transactions. You may see a rise in spam or receive unsolicited PayPal invoices to your PayPal account. Be vigilant, check your email every day for any strange transactions. Don’t click on links in emails. Log in to your account on a regular basis to make sure everything is ok. And keep your account protected from unauthorized users, even family members.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Han77 

Change password, if that was provided. Set up 2FA or use Apple Passkey functionality with their new OS software update. Otherwise, nothing very much can be done with just the name, phone number, email and physical address, all of which are the usual info exchanged anyway to conduct PayPal transactions. You may see a rise in spam or receive unsolicited PayPal invoices to your PayPal account. Be vigilant, check your email every day for any strange transactions. Don’t click on links in emails. Log in to your account on a regular basis to make sure everything is ok. And keep your account protected from unauthorized users, even family members.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.