Money withdrawn to bank account without knowledge

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

Just logged in to my PayPal account to find that my complete ballance has been wihdrawn to my bank account. I do not remember doing this and I did not receive the usual email about fund being withdrawn like I usually do.
Have I been hacked? It seems that it was actually withdrawn to my own account but as it takes a couple of days it isn't there yet. Can they make it look like it was withdrawn to my own account? Already flagged the withdrawl and chnged my security stuff, but PayPal is out of business hours over here so would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Sander

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

@RikkTheGaijin

The article states it can take up to 2 weeks!?! to undo it but might not be possible at all if it has already been entered into your account.
For me personally this is not an issue but I agree that this is not acceptable in certain cases, especially since people can get charged when transfering lower amounts.

Login to Me Too

anchilla

The issue happens because of some regulations on premier business account. 
But it affecting both personal and business account? (Mine is personal too) 

Paypal Japan has not officially address this issue so far, 

But a user who sent an inquiry today received an answer that: 

1. It is indeed a system error 
  2. Department in charge will process the cancellation 
  3. The withdrawal is canceled within 1 to 2 weeks.. If it does not return, it will be transferred as it is

Source: https://twitter.com/Atamanee/status/1463061340017229824?s=20 

Most of the Japanese users are raising concern because Paypal should never do that without user's concern. 
Also the transfer fee that's automatically deducted if the balance is > JPY50000

I hope they'll address this issue soon.. 

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

@anchilla 
please do not set this thread as "Resolved", this issue needs more attention.

Login to Me Too

anchilla

@RikkTheGaijin 

I did not mark it as resolved. It was not me who put my answer as solution too. 
I have no ill-intention, just trying to help. Why accusing me of bad things that I did not do. 

If so, please do your research yourself, I don't want to help anymore. 

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

@anchilla I'm sorry, I didn't double checked the user name.
I didn't accuse anyone of "bad things", so calm down.

Login to Me Too

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the conversation would go so deep into the matter. I set it as resolved as it seems to be clear what the problem is so other users might be able to see quickly that it isn't a hack but an issue with PayPal itself.
I understand that for none of us the issue is really resolved but it is clear what happened.

I am new to the community so not really aware yet of how things work and just wanted to mark @anchilla 's post as to show clearly what is going on.

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an email from PayPal telling me that my funds had been restored, but when I checked only one of the three withdraw PayPal did returned. I'm trying to contact them, but the Help system is terrible, the resolution center doesn't work, I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello @S4nder, @RikkTheGaijin, and @anchilla. I'm sorry for any problems this situation has caused, and for any difficulty you've had contacting PayPal's Customer Service via the website.

As an alternate channel, it may be best to send a Twitter DM in English to @AskPayPal. You can also send a Private Message via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/paypal), but Twitter may be quicker.

If you know of others who also need assistance but are unable to contact PayPal via the website, please share this information with them.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.