Money stolen

MadisZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so i have a question. As i was playing Gta 5 Roleplay server owned by another Person. And there were packages what people could buy, and i also paid for the package but did not recive it cause he shut the server down and refused to refund money. As i never got what he promised. I have tried to find a way trough paypal to get my stolen money back but not lucky so far. I have screenshots what can prove that he did not gave me what i paid for and just did not car. Also on the first day when i got **bleep** over i reported the case by unauthorized transaction cause i did not find the Refund option. And paypal basicly refused to help me aswell cause i had no other option to ask help from them. Does that mean i have to move on and the thief can walk away with my money? 6 months have been passed and i thought maybe i have to wait some kind of time before i get refund option but still nothing. Please help and help me bring justice!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadisZ 

You have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item for paypal to help you get your refund.

After 180 days sadly its too late.

Why did you open a dispute for unauthorised?? That is telling Paypal your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent, Paypal would see by your IP etc that you did make the payment and so close the dispute.  

Did you open that dispute because you sent the funds as a friends/family payment and so negated any buyer protection you may have had?

Pity you didn't come and post a question on this forum before doing anything and we could have helped you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MadisZ
Contributor
Contributor

Cause i did not get any other option than unauthorized. Hoped Paypal team still listens and moves me to right section cause for me i was unabel. As on screens it i can prove that i was buying something, but trough paypal it was just transferring money from me to him. But if i would be abel to get option to open actual dispute i could prove that that guy stole money from me and said good luck after that and i lost my money.. And i tried staright away to reach paypal ask help, even made another post screaming help. And nobody moved a finger, nobody cared to bring justice..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadisZ 

If you only had the option of unauthorised then as I said you must have sent using the friends/family option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MadisZ
Contributor
Contributor

Well it does not matter now anyways as 180 days has passed, and i doubt im ever going to use PayPal again. As if something bad happens, it is really hard to get help here for me at least. Or find easily the place where i get my problem solved. So let that thief enjoy my money now. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MadisZ 

Why would you wait 180 days before opening a dispute?

As I said if you had come here and asked first before the 180 days were up you may well have been able to have a refund.

This forum could have solved your problem but you didn't bother to ask in time unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MadisZ
Contributor
Contributor

I asked before and did not get answer, paypal automatic thing said aswell that wait 180 days , so i waited.
But as i said it does not matter, not happy about Paypal anyways and doubt i ever use it again.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220918b
New Community Member
Lost ?29.00 I didn't authorize. Charging g me from. 2021/2022.reapeting charges from last year.cant get help.stealing from my card. They shut me down too.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220918b 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.