Money send to wrong person

shahidtumbi
Contributor
Contributor

On 28th Sept, I made a transaction with the wrong person. I also get help from the resolution center and they closed my request saying they can't do anything. I really need that money. I have also contacted that person but he is not replying to me. please help me what can I do about this?

Thanks and Regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shahidtumbi 

Depends how you sent the money ie which paypal option you selected to send the money.

Depends on how you funded your paypal payment.

Depends on which dispute you opened and if you escalated to a claim and why it was closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shahidtumbi
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent money with send and request button. I have initiated unauthorized access for this refund as none of the others was suitable for me. They closed the dispute saying this is not an unauthorized access.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shahidtumbi 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction, which of course it was.

You should have opened a dispute for non receipt of item (as that person has nothing to send you) and then that may have prompted them to issue you a refund OR you may have had a refund via buyer protection.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shahidtumbi
Contributor
Contributor

How can I contact Paypal? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.