Money hold for 180 days and still not release

Xanchester
Contributor
Contributor
I have been using PayPal for a while and it works good but when I travelled to my country it stop working . I could not make any transfer . I contact PayPal and they told me I should link an account from the country I created the PayPal and I told them I’m not in the country any more . There was no account link to this PayPal because PayPal does not take my country card in Africa .normally I do business and when I have money in my PayPal I use to buy or I transfer it through xoom, This works good . So PayPal said since I’m not in the original country which I created the PayPal , they gonna hold the funds for 180 days for security reasons and if some one opens dispute they gonna cover it . After 180 days I contact PayPal and they ask me some documents which I uploaded. But they keep saying it’s rejected and they are asking me more documents which I don’t have . And till now PayPal is still hold my 1870 euros and not wanting to released it for 7 months now .. they said they can’t verify the documents but I own this account and own the money .. there is not dispute in the account .. now I don’t know if PayPal actually wants to own the money because they said I can’t use PayPal again and no hopes to get my money back..
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

erediverson1309
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal's been holding my money for 6 months now won't tell me why they suspended my account and won't close their investigation so I can get my money we all know if it was fraudulent money they would have taken it right away so it's my money but they don't want to give it back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xanchester 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things. But you couldn't provide documents for that country so paypal limited the account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Xanchester
Contributor
Contributor
Good explanation and so what’s the solution ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xanchester 

There isn't a solution as you call it, if you didn't sort it out before you left your old country then you may not be able to do so now.

You can contact customer services to see if they can help you but unlikely as the account is country specific.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Xanchester
Contributor
Contributor
There is no solution on getting back 1800 euros back because I changed my country .. I actually uploaded documents but PayPal has a specific document which they want and I don’t have them .. so anyone who can’t provide this PayPal owns their money is that what you mean ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xanchester 

I ''mean'' exactly what I said in my above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.