Marry <removed> fraudulent sales (a question)

earthshoes
Contributor
Contributor

Question First--If I contact my bank while the charge is still pending do I stand a better chance of stopping a fraudulent company from taking my money? That way there's little danger of them shipping (IF they were to do so). It is not a pending charge on Paypal and it never was or I'd have canceled it here. 

I ordered an air fryer from Marry <removed> by way of a FB ad yesterday. I am typically pretty careful about these things--look up the company, check to see if they're shipping from the US, etc. This time I was sloppier than usual. I didn't realize just how sloppy until I went back to the ad on FB and notices three or four other customers asking if they were a "real" company.  I posted that I had placed an order for the item by way of Paypal and that I would report back when/if I received the item.  I noticed that the payment went to a paypal account that listed a person's name with an "inc"after it. That bothered me a bit. 

A little while later, I noticed that both my post and that of the customers asking about the legitimacy of the company was real were all removed. And I've been blocked from making further comments. When I checked back throughout the day, any post that questioned the company's origins vanished not long after it was posted.  The only posts they've allowed to stay on the page are those of people who are talking about how they bought the product elsewhere for a whole lot more money and that the product was wonderful, etc.  

One of my tech savvy adult sons asked to see the link to the company's website. He did a bit of sleuthing and determined that it's a part of a network of websites that were put together by someone who doesn't speak English very well (I TAUGHT HIM how to do this and he caught it and I didn't...). And he also did a little more poking around and discovered that they are known for not shipping at least most of the products they claim to have.  

I have reported them here and on FB. 

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

mdc120
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  I have received my refund from Paypal for this purchase.

Login to Me Too

Sillyosally
I also fell for the scam and purchased an airfryer on a Facebook ad/link. I completely forgot about it and it’s been 2 months or so. I hope I’ll be able to dispute the charges.
Login to Me Too

Lauriislibra
Contributor
Contributor
I was on the USPS web site to do a change of address when I hit continue this screen flashes across my screen 89.95 charged to my cash app they jumped in between the USPS web sight and whatever hey are I cant find any sign of them anywhere but what gets me is the second that I realized what was doing on I went directly to my cash app account and asked then to stop payment and they inform me they cant do anything until they accept the monies WHAT! are you for real its hadnt been 10 minutes why cant they just stop payment because today the fake company got the funds and Im so mad why couldnt they just stop the transaction they sure can do it if its me and no money they have mo problem stopping me if I go over but you cant stop a crook that's stealing my money and it seems like they are on the crooks side I just dont get it could someone please explain it to me
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauriislibra 

You can only cancel a pending payment if its gone to a non existent email address and has a cancel option as the payment can't ever complete.

If its gone to an email address that does exist but not yet linked to a paypal account then as long as its not claimed by that email address (by them setting up a paypal account) then it will be time out 30 days post payment.

If its pending awaiting authorisation to a company then you ask the company to cancel your order and not to capture the pending payment...then again it will time out 30 days post payment.

If its a pending echeque then once its cleared you can ask the seller to refund it back to you as you can't cancel a pending echeque.

Lastly if it completes then you can open a dispute for non receipt of item OR not as described (for more info read buyer protection).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lauriislibra
Contributor
Contributor
Well see there is no email for this fake company or telephone number and they got the money yesterday it was pending till then and now the fake company has my money I tried over and over to tell cash app that its a fake company and they still let it ride till now they have got the money so now I hope cash app gets my money back on my card since they wouldnt listen ans stop that payment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.