Marry <removed> fraudulent sales (a question)

earthshoes
Contributor
Contributor

Question First--If I contact my bank while the charge is still pending do I stand a better chance of stopping a fraudulent company from taking my money? That way there's little danger of them shipping (IF they were to do so). It is not a pending charge on Paypal and it never was or I'd have canceled it here. 

I ordered an air fryer from Marry <removed> by way of a FB ad yesterday. I am typically pretty careful about these things--look up the company, check to see if they're shipping from the US, etc. This time I was sloppier than usual. I didn't realize just how sloppy until I went back to the ad on FB and notices three or four other customers asking if they were a "real" company.  I posted that I had placed an order for the item by way of Paypal and that I would report back when/if I received the item.  I noticed that the payment went to a paypal account that listed a person's name with an "inc"after it. That bothered me a bit. 

A little while later, I noticed that both my post and that of the customers asking about the legitimacy of the company was real were all removed. And I've been blocked from making further comments. When I checked back throughout the day, any post that questioned the company's origins vanished not long after it was posted.  The only posts they've allowed to stay on the page are those of people who are talking about how they bought the product elsewhere for a whole lot more money and that the product was wonderful, etc.  

One of my tech savvy adult sons asked to see the link to the company's website. He did a bit of sleuthing and determined that it's a part of a network of websites that were put together by someone who doesn't speak English very well (I TAUGHT HIM how to do this and he caught it and I didn't...). And he also did a little more poking around and discovered that they are known for not shipping at least most of the products they claim to have.  

I have reported them here and on FB. 

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Sherry-311
Contributor
Contributor
Yep happened to me as well!!
Login to Me Too

earthshoes
Contributor
Contributor
I'm puzzled as to why the admin removed the entire name of the website from the title. This thread has prevented at least a few people from becoming victims themselves.
Login to Me Too

mdc120
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help me on how to report to Facebook.  I reported on Paypal and got message that seller was contacted.  The Facebook page now has no posts so no way to ask anything on there.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

earthshoes
Contributor
Contributor

On your phone, you can click on the three dots beside the "call" button. This will open up a drop down menu. Select "Find Support or Report Page." Follow the prompts. It is similar on the PC, but I'm not near mine right now. I hope you get a refund. I am still waiting to hear back on my appeal.

Login to Me Too

Shantab
Contributor
Contributor

Welp... glad I did a 'Marry '<removed>' legitimacy search BEFORE I made the purchase. Saw the FB ad as well, figured the price was too good to be true... but at $30 wasn't sure if I cared, in case it wasn't. Lol I hope you all either get your product or your money back. Guess I'll wait this one out and see what happens first. Good luck all.

Login to Me Too

LaydChief

thank you. It looked to good to be true. But I wanted to buy it. So I did Google about the site and it said only up 6 months and your review popped up. I so appreciate you because I am on disability and couldn't afford to lose money.

Login to Me Too

mrscrys
Contributor
Contributor

I’m sorry this happened to you. I read they all the fb comments about how great this fryer was and instead of googling the company first, I ordered. After paying thru PayPal I did google and your comment was the 1st thing to pop up. The company hadn’t claimed the money yet so PayPal was able to just cancel the order. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

IamMaria
Somebody told me they saw the air fryer I wanted on sale on FB. I went directly to the website snd purchased (because I knew a newer model came out and I figured they were getting rid of old inventory - wishful thinking). When I saw that I received an email from PayPal that payment was made (to a person’s name) and never received an email from the company verifying the purchase I worried that something was up. It’s a week now with no delivery, no tracking and no email. I’m pretty good at this but it appears I’ve been duped. My friend was also duped. I’m contacting BBB and whatever other Agency that should be notified (probably attorney general of my state). Buyer beware. I’ll also notify the email provider. I guess they figure we won’t do anything for $30. We should.
Login to Me Too

tfaley

Also had the same issue with not being able to reach anyone from this company Marry <removed> (lol... company?? right...). Sent emails out to emails listed on website and came back undeliverable then sent another email out with email given on paypal site with no response. Filed a dispute with Paypal as that's how I paid for the Air Fryer. Next time will do more research so that I am not a sucker again. Hoping that Paypal can get my money back for me. 

Login to Me Too

LizCrafty11
Contributor
Contributor

I just used paypal bought from marry <removed> A 29.99 but didnt get taxed. That's when I new I was scammed and I never been scammed before just realize after the fact too. I sent a message to paypal about this. I'm so mad at myself I'm usually very careful. Why are ppl allowed to do **bleep** like this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.