Looking for a refund on a shed that i never received.. possibly scammed.. scammed.

Juanita01
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I purchased a shed from a seller, never received it tried contacting seller but there is no such email for him. How do i get my money back.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

1. If Paypal paid the seller, then some kind of shipment notice was submitted to Paypal by the seller.

2. Do you have a picture or other description of what you supposedly purchased? If yes, then things get interesting.

3. Look at your Paypal account and see what which carrier shipment notice was given to Paypal (usually UPS, FedEx, or USPS in the US).

4. Then look up that tracking number on the carrier's web site--and see if it was delivered. If it says "delivered", then see WHEN it was delivered. Also see when the carrier picked up the package from the shipper (if it was delivered--per the carrier).

5. See if the carrier "pick up" date was BEFORE you placed your order. If it is BEFORE the order date, it is an obvious fraud. This happens regularly and I call it a fraudulent shipping/delivery notice. Nothing was shipped to YOU. The fake shipper looked to find a shipment on (FedEx/UPS/USPS) and found somebody else's shipment (from someone else to a place sort-of near YOU) that COULD BE USED to SAY this shipment was to you. They copy the tracking number and submit it to Paypal to get paid. Of course, Paypal does NOT check because they have no way to know who ACTUALLY shipped the package and to who it was ACTUALLY sent.

6. Next, look at the weight of the package the carrier delivered. Is that weight reasonable for the item you ordered? For a shed, a 5-lb weight is nonsense, so it is reasonable (compared to the description of the item being sold--from 2 above) to state it is (again) fraud.

7. USPS will be the most helpful if the shipment was via USPS. FedEX and UPS are not that helpful, as they will only release info to the real shipper and real buyer (which you are NOT). FedEX will tell you who the real shipper is--so you can call the shipper and see if they will help you (unlikely, but you can try).

8. The objective is to get a letter or e-mail from either the carrier or the real shipper. The letter must state the package tracking number and that it was NOT sent to you (to your address). They do NOT have to state the real delivery address or to whom it was sent.

9. Send the proof of delivery fraud to Paypal. I use the CHAT button on the Paypal site, but there are other ways as well (e-mail, etc).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Juanita01

Sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

If you haven't received an item you purchased and you're unable to reach the merchant, we recommend filing a dispute against the transaction to request a refund. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

If the tracking number shows "delivered", then appeals do not work. That is the entire basis on which the Paypal scammers work. You know this.

It is up to the buyer to prove the shipment was NOT delivered to the buyer. Which is the entire problem. Paypal does NOT have a record of the actual shipping documents. Nor can they obtain them from the carrier. They only have what they are told by the SCAMMER SELLER, who says "DELIVERED !!".

Login to Me Too

Juanita01
Contributor
Contributor
Hi paypal community I have contacted Paypal and are resolving the issue for me. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.