LinkedIn Ireland Fraud

Ryanlilli
Contributor
Contributor
My account was charged $64.99 CAD by LinkedIn Ireland. I filed a report through the Dispute Centre, however it came back that I had an arrangement set up. I DO NOT. How do I go about my refund AND review the arrangement that PayPal says I have in place? Due diligence was not completed here.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryanlilli 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryanlilli 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210626d
New Community Member

I had the same issue but I never had a credit card on my LinkedIn account nor is there any confirmation or authorization of me agreeing to this. There is no direct email for LinkedIn.  

I contacted PayPal and they said yes "we can confirm there is unauthorized activity on your account but since you did not purchase  PayPal Protection Coverage we cannot help you."

I am furious they know it is unauthorized so now I am filing a Police report for wire fraud against both PayPal and LinkedIn and I have no idea how they got my information as I do not have CreditCard or PayPal connected to LinkedIn as I never use it. I also thought PayPal was secure site so when there is situations like this it can be resolved now I have come to find out they don't. 

I contacted my CreditCard company. I also posted on Facebook and numerous people are have had issues with PayPal recently and their shady business practices.

I though PayPal was secure but more importantly I NEVER use LinkedIn and never authorized this its Fraud.

Login to Me Too

slm257
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I have had the exact same problem and got the exact same response from PayPal.

I was wondering how did you get on with your complaints?

Login to Me Too

ClayMan45678910
Contributor
Contributor
I just had this issue! Have you had any help with it yet?
Login to Me Too

slm257
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - no help from PayPal at all.  I contacted LinkedIn directly and they immediately gave me my money back.  It is obviously a known problem to them.  

Login to Me Too

ClayMan45678910
Contributor
Contributor

how did you get ahold of linkedin. i also noticed that i had a premium account with them and i never authorized it. i canceled it right away. so does linkedin have an email or phone or mailing address. thanks

Login to Me Too

slm257
Contributor
Contributor

I think we found a way to contact them by using a website:  donotpay.com. Or try googling your query.

Login to Me Too

Rakesh23
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I got same problem of deduction of 950 eur by LinkedIn ireland. can you please send linkedin contact? Will they reimburse to me?
Login to Me Too

slm257
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - we found a way to contact LinkedIn through a website:  www.donotpay.com.  They immediately refunded my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.