Let me kindly ask you to help me as a seller in case of chargeback

EDGARS_IV
Contributor
Contributor

If I just issue a full refund to the customer, will I be exempt from the extra PayPal fee?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EDGARS_IV 

Is it a chargeback opened by the  buyer with their credit card company OR a paypal dispute? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EDGARS_IV
Contributor
Contributor

hi, kernowlass!
it is a chargeback opened by the buyer with their credit card company.
here is the message from PayPal. "Your buyer has filed a chargeback with their financial institution reporting that someone made this transaction without their permission."

But I have provided the customer with our consulting services in full. If a client has problems with 3D Secure, then this is the responsibility of the bank only, not mine. And may I ask for help from PayPal, I mean seller protection?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EDGARS_IV 

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce. If a PayPal user initiates a chargeback with their credit card company Paypal have no way of stopping the claim. When a PayPal payment is charged back, Paypal are charged a fee by the credit card issuer. They pass this non-refundable fee on to you. 

If the card issuer grants the case in the buyer's favour, Paypal will review the transaction on your PayPal account to see if it is eligible for Seller Protection. Please review this link for information on the Seller Protection Policy - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-seller-protection-policy-and-what-items-...

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EDGARS_IV
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Kernowlass,

thanx so much. Let me ask your for some deatailes.

If I just issue a full refund to the customer, will I be exempt from the extra PayPal fee?
Will there be double payment to the buyer? I will refund the payment, so also the bank through PayPal will withhold the same amount from me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.