Just got banned, without ANY reasoning.

Subsassaree
Contributor
Contributor
So, just yesterday I received an email from PayPal stating my account is now limited and I can no longer use the service, EVER. I have noticed on here there has been alot of people being terminated from the services for the same unknown reasoning with no answers but "We can not disclose this information due to security protocol"... ITS MY ACCOUNT!! I have been using PayPal now for the best part of 7 years and out of the blue I get terminated without reason. The person I spoke to in their last message ended with "we wish you the best of luck in utilizing another payment processor" I have had ZERO issues or disputes with my account, ever. So tell me PayPal why is it you've done this?? Is it because you have an A.I in place which just goes round willy nilly banging down the hammer on any little thing that LOOKS suspicious when looking into it (if you ever did) see that there was actually nothing wrong? See, my question is this why would someone who has used your service for x amount of years with zero disputes suddenly decide to be fraudulent or do anything close to suspicious? Riddle me that. I used PayPal everyday near enough doing all my online payments through PayPal and now I am forbidden, its a joke PayPal. I wouldn't be too upset about this if you actually gave me the reason to what I have done to deserve this. You're a business that serves for use by us, the public. You have a moral duty to the end users, not leave them in the dark and ban them for life without a concrete reason. You maybe a business but your entire business revolves with us using your service, otherwise what purpose do you serve?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Subsassaree 

It may be your account but its on paypals site and they can say who uses their site can't they?

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Subsassaree
Contributor
Contributor
Right okay, they don't ban for 0 reason? I have been using PayPal the exact same for 7 years. I'd imagine they do annually checks or more a year to ensure there is no one violation of terms. So how is it that now I have been permanently cut off from the service now and not back then. Do not state that I could of been just unfortunate because a business like can not afford to do such a thing. What I find odd is only recently Ebay discarded PayPal as a payment provider and NOW all these limited accounts pop up? I am not saying it has anything to do with it but it seems very odd that this happens just after that. It is their website, it sure is but regardless of the terms of service to PayPal they hold MY bank information which I can not use on this service. Why do I bring this up? Well lets say PayPal IS breached and bank information is stolen, then what?? I could pursue legal action of course I can but I am not a user of their service so all that could of been avoided if my details can be removed. Right?? PayPal is ONLY now cracking down this hard and it is for a reason, that reason of course resorts to losses to themselves. Push aside security protocol for a moment. What information can be a breach of protocol to tell me what I did wrong on the service? Hm? You confirm my ID over the phone and on terms of security to cover them, what are they breaching to disclose a matter of my account on their website? It is like being arrested and not being told what exactly for?? It is criminal. You can not state otherwise.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Subsassaree 

ok whatever, yep paypal are banning as many accounts as they can for absolutely no reason as they want to put themselves out of business as soon as possible, and all the ads telling you to open a paypal account are fake as they don't want your business ???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.