Joyuicoltd purchase- Scammers

TracyK57
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently purchased from joyuicoltd and notice on posts that they are possible scammers, my payment has been taken but nothing has shipped yet so is it possible to reverse the payment please

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

LymanTschanz1
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem with Joyui. I ordered an item - when I contacted Joyui asking for the status after a long delay they provided tracking information on the shipment - however the tracking information was bogus. Joyui eventually tried to show the item was delivered - and I filed a lost shipment claim with the shipper. I filed a dispute with PayPal within the 6 month required period - I provided all the background of my e-mails with Joyui plus evidence of my lost shipment claim. PayPal finally issued me a full refund. Be patient - this took some time - Joyui will be persistent to try to show they shipped the item with scam tracking information. There is no doubt to me that Joyui is a scam company.
Login to Me Too

MommaKueller
Have you found a solution to this?
Login to Me Too

LymanTschanz1
Contributor
Contributor
I believe the only solution is to not order from Joyui. If you have ordered from Joyui and do not receive what you ordered you need to first ask Joyui for a tracking number - you can anticipate they will give you a fake tracking number - send copies of all your messages with Joyui to PayPal and file a claim with PayPal. Good luck ….. you need to prove they never really shipped anything by proving their tracking number is fake.
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor

Yah but you know to keep things safe PayPal should keep a tracking number with them too just make sure item is transferred but if anything then that the consumer should provide the extra any info.. there for if they give and fake tracking PayPal can tell them give  accurate Information just for safety 

Login to Me Too

rbroo
Contributor
Contributor
When you say don't buy from Joyui co Ltd that's fine except the company advertising on Facebook doesn't list Joyui as the seller! You don't know this until you get a receipt from PayPal that list them and then it's too late because they will refuse to cancel the order - say it's already been shipped even if you just placed it. Paypal needs to make some changes to protect the consumer! We
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor
I agree 100%
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rbroo @Hawaiian_c 

That's because you need to avoid all these scam websites normally on Social Media, they change their names regularly.

There are loads of them so knowing 'one name' doesn't really help.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Johno67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tracy are the joyuicoltd people you posted about scammers? as i have just bought something from them and have received no receipt of payment from them?

Login to Me Too

WildSoccerMom
Contributor
Contributor

I bought from them twice and received the first shipment much later than expected. The second one is on the way... both came from Spain not China.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230913z
New Community Member
Thank you for posting that you actually received your items. I was freaking out!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.