Join Class Action Lawsuit

ubasport
Contributor
Contributor

For those like myself whom have exhausted every possible avenue to resolve a limitation I ask that we unite and start a Class Action Lawsuit. PayPal is just not listening to me or acknowledging any evidence I have provided. They continue to send me e-mails stating I have had a bunch of claims. I HAVE HAD one claim in my entire life. The part that hurts is PayPal affects use of your credit card with other company's. I have been a client of E-Bay for 20 years, over 200 transactions with a 100% feedback. Now I can no longer use E-Bay. I spent hours and hours on the phone with PP customer support only to learn they do not have any power to overturn a limitation, twice I had so called supervisors telling me they would have it overturned. Customer support tell me I did nothing wrong yet can't help. Why does PP guide you to Them ????? 

With large Corporations like PP taking over trade and commerce we the people have to make sure they are just and fair. PayPal has a way's to go in that department. I am 61 years old, I have lived a clean honest life and to be treated like a crook by this company is not what anyone deserves. My one claim was for a fake watch that PP should have thanked me for exposing a real crook rather than make me the victim. 

Please join me in a class action suit to make PP the company we all deserve. If you are a PP employee please do not respond telling me I had a bunch of claims again, look at my account.....ONE CLAIM............Do Your GD work and quit hurting those who supported you.  

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20211028c 

This thread has been going since January 2020 !!!

No one has actually done anything because they know they can't and won't win as per above link.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Scammed3000

Here’s the website of the suit that started out as a potential class action suit; that suit is currently being forced into arbitration, but maybe some good can be achieved if more victims sign up there, letting the law firm know just how many people have been robbed by Paypal in this way?

https://paypalclassaction.net/

I am not on any social media, if you are, please distribute this information there.

Login to Me Too

Kharmalicious

March 2, 2023.  Paypal has frozen my account with $1,800 in it with no explanation for 180 days. Have tried calling, emailing, without success. This can't be legal. We need an attorney since we can't file a class action lawsuit against paypal.  My email is [Removed]

Stephany

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kharmalicious 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

So check the user agreement and acceptable use policy for reasons, can be something as simple as using a VPN etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

187offshoreBS
Contributor
Contributor

SIGN ME UP!! I HAD NEVER USED THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT AND BEEN SCAMMED TILL RECENTLY. I DID EVERYTHING THEY ASKED OF ME AND I PROVIDED PROOF AND CONTACTED THEM MORE THAN ENOUGH TIMES, ALMOST DAILY. I BOUGHT A MICHAEL JORDAN ROOKIE CARD FROM CANADA AND WHEN IT CAME WAS 100% FAKE AND PLASTIC AND I OPEN DISPUTE (JULY 17TH), I TALK TO SOMEONE A FEW DAYS LATER AND AM TOLD I DID WHAT THEY NEEDED ME TO DO AND THAT IF SELLER DOESNT RESPOND WITHIN 10 DAYS THEY WILL RULE IN MY FAVOR.....

AFTER 10 DAYS, STILL NOTHING FROM THEM, CALL THEM AND THEY SAY THAT THE SELLER DID NOT RESPOND AND THAT THEY RULED IN HIS FAVOR 
(OBVIOUSLY A LANGUAGE BARRIER), THEY SAID NO SIR, THEY RULED IN THE SELLERS FAVOR AND I ASKED WHAT DID THEY RESPOND WITH AND THEN THEY SAID THEY DIDNT. SO THEN I AM THE ONE OUT OF THE MONEY? YES SIRR, GET SENT TO SUPERVISOR (US BASED). THEY SEE THE OBVIOUS ISSUE HERE AND REOPEN THE CASE, SAME THING, IF WE DONT HERE FROM SELLER WITHIN 10 DAYS WE WILL RULE IN YOUR FAVOR. I OKAY, THANK YOU AND HANG UP. CALL RIGHT BACK, GET REP #2 OF THE DAY, DO THE SAME THING AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY AND SOMEHOW THEY HAVE A RETURN ADDRESS READY FOR ME (YES, SAME DAY NOT EVEN AN HOUR APART) TO EBAY CANADA. TOLD A SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY IS REQUIRED AND UP0LOAD DOCS AND TRACKING NUMBER. GO THAT DAY AND GET TOLD BY FEDEX, THEY CANT GAURANTEED SIG ON DELIVERY, GO HOME CALL PAYPAL, CLOSED FOR THE DAY. CALL BACK THE NEXT MORNING, GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THE SHIPPING PROPERLY AND WHY FEDEX SAID WHAT THEY SAID, NO PROBLEM SIR, GET CERTIFIED MAIL AND THEY RETURN PROOF OF SIGNATURE AND THAT WILL DO, DO I DID THAT, WITHIN 24 HOURS OF GETTING ADDRESS.

TRACK THE PACKAGE, GETS TO CUSTOMS AND THEN IT SAYS A WEEK LATER, OUT FOR DELIVERY WITH CONTACT REQUESTED.  RIGHT WHEN I SEE THAT I GO TO UPDATE THE COMMENTS AND SEE THAT THE SMAE DAY IT WAS CLOSED IN FAVOR OF THE SELLER, CALL SOME 3RD WORLD COUNTRY AND WAS TOLD IT WAS CLOSED IN THE SELLERS FAVOR BECAUSE I DIDNT GET THE PACKAGE TO THEM SOON ENOUGH, BUT I SENT IT TO THEM WITHIN 24 HOURS OF GETTING ADDRESS AND PAID OUT OF POCKET OVER $50 FOR THE SERVICE THEY TOLD ME TO USE. BUT YOU TOOK TO LONG TO GET IT TO THE BUYER. WELL, DID THE BUYER RESPOND AND SAY THIS AND CAN YOU SEE IT WAS UPDATE TODAY SHOWING IT IS OUT FOR DELIVERY WITH CONTACT NEEDING TO BE MADE?  HE SEE IT SAY THAT AND SAYS HOLD ON, MINUTES LATER I WAS TOLD THAT HE IS SORRY BUT THAT I TOOK TO LONG TO GET THE PACKAGE BACK TO THE SELLER, I THEN REMINDED HIM I AM NOT A POSTAL WORKER AND DID NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO FLY THE PACKAGE THERE PERSONALLY AND THAT I COULD HAVE ONLY SENT IT POSSIBLY 10 HOURS SOONER, BUT WOULD STILL HAVE BEEN A SIMILAR SITUATION AS I CANT CONTROLL THE POST OFFICE. SPEAK TO SUP (US BASED AGAIN) AND SUP SEES THE OBVIOUS ERROR AND REOPENS THE CASE AND SAYS THE SELLER HAS TEN DAYS TO RESPOND AND I SAID RESPOND TO WHAT, THE PACKAGE WILL SHOW DELIVERED AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO, BUT WAIT THE TEN DAYS BECAUSE I AM NOT TRYING TO **bleep** HIM OFF....

10 DAYS PASS, THE DEADLINE IS UP AND I CALL AGAIN, PUT ON HOLD AND THEY COME BACK AND SAY IT IS BEING REVIEWED. OKAY, CALL BACK THE NEXT DAY, PUT ON HOLD AND THEY COME BACK AND SAY IT WAS CLOSED IN FAVOR OF THE SELLER, AND I ASK WHY AND AM TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDNT SUBMIT PROOF OF DELIVERY IN TIME, NOW I AM **bleep** AND ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR AFTER EXPLAINING AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT I CANT CONTROLL WHAT USPS DOES AND I DID WHAT THEY ASKED AGIAIN AND HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT. ASKED IF THE SELLER HAS EVER CONTACTED THEM, AND OF COURSE NO WAS THE ANSWER, SO ASK FOR SUPERVISOR, PUT ON HOLD AND THEY SAID THEY WERE BUSY BUT CAN CALL BACK (I KNOW THIS TRICK FROM EBAY), SO I DECLINE AND ASK TO BE FORWARDED TO A SUP AND I GET TRANSFERRED...... AS OF 2:03PM PST ON 09/16/2022 I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD SINCE FOR A TOTAL OF 4 HOURS, 28 MINS AND 58 SECONDS......

ALSO HAVE A MESSAGE IN QUE WITH THE CHAT LINE WAITING..... I AM DONE WITH THIS PLACE JUST LIKE I AM DONE WITH FEE-BAY, BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2013, BUT NO MAS!  PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST ON THIS SUIT PLEASE MY EEEEEEE MALE IS [removed].  PLEASE REACH OUT AS I HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU WITH A BABE RUTH AND TY COBB I ALSO PURCHASED THE NEXT DAY.

SIGNED,

THE GUY WHO DROPS $8K JUST SO I DO NOT GET A BABE RUTH, TY COBB AND MICHAEL JORDAN, BUT MY GOAL IS TO SCAM MYSELF OUT OF THE $8 I SPENT WANT TO LOSE MONEY ON POSTAGE I PAID OUT OF POCKET.

PS- I AM CURRENTLY SITTING AT CLOSE TO $100 IN THE HOLE FOR POSTAGE ON TOP OF $3,277 SHORT OF THE $8K AND NOT ONE CARD IN MY POSESSION.  SO FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TIPS ON A SOLID SCAM, AND YOU HAVE $8K SITTING AROUND THAT YOU DONT NEED OR WANT, HIT ME UP BECAUSE I HAVE GOT THE FOOL PROOF SCAM FOR YOU!!!  OKAY, RANT OVER.............. STILL HOLDING AT 4 HOURS, 37 MINS, AND 15 SECOND

Login to Me Too

pamedic
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal doesn't give 2💩 about us as seen by ONLY being able to speak to someone off shores . They facilitate fraud by allowing it to occur I got jewelry from ebay disputed it as it was fake requested a return, but the company I purchased the fake item from considers the day it was boughtnot the 3-5 days it takes to receive, being in the height of the pandemic couldn't get an appraisal .. paypal facilitated theft and fraud with ZERO recourse for me..
Login to Me Too

johnjolly755
New Community Member

I might want to join. Paid $299 for a pool with a siphon, ground cover and pool cover. Felt dubious when I was charged right away, yet got no email affirmation, or receipt. I endeavored to drop the request, yet email address gave on merchants site didn't work. Promptly recorded a case with PayPal. PayPal dawdled and sat idle. Two months after I documented guarantee, merchant sent a pool. Nonetheless, pool that I got, is more modest and accompanied nothing. No siphon, ground cover or pool cover. Furthermore, PayPal's response is for me to pay $600 to transport it back to China. I'm so incensed. Obviously they are sleeping with this vender from China and they should be halted! What are subsequent stages to record a legal claim?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnjolly755 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions. Paying 200 odd for a pool surely told you it was tat from China?

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Also you need to actually read up on buyer protection to see how you are covered !!!
Paypal state this >>

IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pamedic
Contributor
Contributor
However making a customer to return it to China is UNREASONABLE IF they are making it appear as 1 mainland usa and a history of "hidden " companies the customer should NOT EVER have to jump through hoops paypal protects scammers and is really NOT even a us based company try speaking with a us agent disgusting
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.