Is this a scam?

sargefirstclass
Contributor
Contributor

Quality   performance limited corporation;

Has anyone had experience with these people? I have had an order in to them but not received?

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Carriek1965
Contributor
Contributor

COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!!  

Do not waste your money on their crap merchandise. I finally received my item but it was so cheap and did not work at all!  I then had to spend $30 to send the stupid thing back which they will not refund the shipping cost.  Appalling company and service. 

Order from Amazon where you can get free return shipping.  I learned my lesson and will not order anything unless it is from Amazon.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BK
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure, but I contacted PayPal &I was refunded my money. Thank goodness. Don’t let to much time pass. Email the company and put in a request for refund.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BK
Contributor
Contributor
When I realized I didn’t get a response about my order in approximately 2 weeks & the money was out of my PayPal account, I immediately put in a dispute. You are limited to a time & I am guessing these products are third party. I haven’t read one good review. I would cancel the order & call credit card company
Login to Me Too

Lpryor54
Contributor
Contributor
I received the AC after 8-9 weeks but they are not the product described. No where in the product description does it talk about an ice pack. I bought it to use camping, I don't have access to a freezer or in the woods. No packing label or paperwork to be able to return. Not happy with this product at all.
Login to Me Too

BernieD1
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a set of Dango Buds in March of this year and although I received them, they have since failed and I was informed that I since I didn't purchase a warranty, they wouldn't replace or repair them. Never heard of such a rort before but I wouldn't deal with this company and certainly wouldn't spend my money on a set of Dango Buds again.

Login to Me Too

4thetime
Contributor
Contributor

Don't know if it is. But, I decided not to wait and canceled with a chat agent. I hand a refund posted in 2 hours.

This is my experience.

Login to Me Too

DaftHarry44
Contributor
Contributor

I BOUGHT a Starscope Monocular Telescope for 56 USD,it arrived and the focus knob was broken off.The scope is out of focus, and I have no way of returning it,as I can find no phone number,or address.I will learn to avoid scams like this in future,hopefully.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaftHarry44 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CazInOz
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the same item and yes its a scam! What a piece of rubbish! The toggle was broken - it kept falling out and definitely not what was described.

I opened a dispute with PayPal (It took ages to arrive by the way) and in correspondence with Daniel from QPLC I was instructed to return the item. (at my own cost) which I did. Before I knew it Paypal had closed the dispute as I had not 'escalated' the dispute. As I was corresponding with them and had sent the item I thought I didn't have to escalate it. So now they have received the item back from me (as per my tracking number) and I have received no refund and case was closed by Paypal - so therefore that ends that! 😫

The address for them was QLD address: Starscope returns [Removed]  Willawong, QLD [Removed] Australia.

Not sure if that would help you at all.

Login to Me Too

Michaelfile23
New Community Member
I’m not sure if this place is legitimate, but I placed an order close to two weeks ago and received a response saying they were very slow because of high demand. When I track my package, I get some jacked up site that wants me to enter 40 numbers one line at a time. It even appears the company now linked to the sale is not the company from which I made the purchase. Now I’m wondering if I should have just shelled out the dough for a GoPro. Best of luck to you, I hope both of our situations work out!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.