Is there a class action lawsuit I can join regarding PayPal negligence in protecting the consumer?

LisaMC36
New Community Member

I have to believe PayPal is knowingly allowing scam sites to operate as they make it virtually impossible to receive a sufficient outcome. In my case, I ordered from a Facebook ad at Summerzone.net. I was ordering garden statues. These statues were said to be 2 feet tall. The comments from others said they were that tall as well. They were approximately $30 each and I ordered 2 different statues. I also believed I was ordering from a U.S.A. company. I don't trust easily and I check out the web page thoroughly to be sure I get what I paid for. I also added some towel holders and my total was $117. That's a lot of money for some towel holders and two statues under 7 inches tall!! When I sought help from PayPal, they said I could get a refund from the company and that was it and in order to get the refund, I had to ship the items back. Well they needed to go back to CHINA!! Total shipping cost almost $53 for 2 pounds. After I complained a lot, PayPal agreed to give me a credit/gift of $50 to help cover the return cost. So I did that....I used the address that the Chinese company gave me and sent the package by the due date for returning it via UPS. Guess what....PayPal has now denied my claim because the photocopy of the label, the receipt for the shipment from UPS and the tracking number are not sufficient proof of it being returned!!! Really??? I think there should be a Class Action lawsuit brought against PayPal for not adhering to their promises of protecting the consumer. Since this started, I have paid off my credit card with them and I will be canceling my account - never to use them again but I am not finished until I get my refund of the initial price of $117 and change. I returned the items...the junk and have nothing. I have spent hours on this and I am not giving up. I have spoken with several other friends who have had issues with PayPal's refusing to provide refunds and they have all given up. ...that's how I believe PayPal is also making their money - in addition to their outrageous interest rates.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

StuMills
New Community Member

Lisa, I'm Stu Mills, a reporter with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. I'm investigating this Bait and Switch and PayPal's apparent complicity in it

You could contact me at <removed>. Or, <removed>

-- Look forward to hearing from you

Stu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.