Is it scam or not

Legaster
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, some days ago took a project to edit some images, ive done the work so the buyer had to pay money(i didn't send all edited images for my security, i sent only half and i told him that i will send other half when the money will be on my account). The person dent screenshot that says: "payment status:pending, payment charges: paypal, payment fee:100$, Note: we will not notify the reciever until the required charges are cleared" then the person told me that i need to deposit 100$ in my paypal to recieve the money he sent. I want to make sure it is not any type of scam so i ask the community, is it scam or not? He is telling me that i wont recieve the money if i won't deposit 100$ first. I want to make sure that if i deposit that 100$ i wont get scammed and the sending money will be set on my paypal.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Legaster 

Total scam. Screenshots can be faked. You’ve sent money through PayPal before, right? PayPal shows sender any applicable fees BEFORE a payment is even submitted so not possible for the sender to have a Pending status calling for Payment charges and fees because if PayPal requires a fee to send (or receive) money, PayPal automatically deduct it once payment is completed. Buyer is lying to you, trying to steal $100 from you. And ask yourself why you as a seller have to pay the buyer to receive money. Makes no sense. You think your are paying PayPal? No! You are paying the so called “buyer” sending fake PayPal emails pretending to be PayPal. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Legaster
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, thank you for reply!!!
Login to Me Too

FrancescaLee
New Community Member

I have something similar as well and it says that it has been sent over but till now I have yet to receive it. How do I check whether it is a scam?Francesca Gmail - Kifizetést küldött_Page_1.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.