Is Zhixin Trading Co a chinese scam?

KaNoQc
Contributor
Contributor

The company operates with the name momchld. But the real company behind this is Zhixin Trading Co. I saw an ad for this on Facebook. They are selling an electronic toothbrush.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

StevyG
New Community Member

J'ai aussi reçu l'article, mais il n'est absolument pas comme décrit, ce n'est pas à "ultrason" mais bien juste à vibration, c'est de la scrap!!

Après 3 brossages consécutif le matin, j'avais encore les dents rugueuses...

Login to Me Too

same thing happened to me...ordered 1 month ago but no product showed up....

Login to Me Too

DiT3150
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered one of these Ultrasonic Automatic Toothbrush from MOMCHLD on 29th Feb 2020.   Due to the COVID-19 issue, I was not worried that it was taking so long.  However on 02 May I did raise the issue with Australia Post who informed me the item had not yet been scanned in Australia.   I did get one email back from the supplier saying it had left China 12 March.    Presuming the item was probably being held in China's international port, I waited another month and then proceeded to request a refund from Paypal.   Things started moving.  On 12th June Sydney scanned the parcel & on 16th June I received it.

Now to the product.   I definitely paid too much USD44.98 which included postage.   The mousse which came with the brush had emptied itself into the parcel, the box of the mousse & the toothbush was soaked and fell apart as the parcel was opened.  The mousse was not bubble wrapped which should happen with any liquid item.   No mousse left.  So I went to charge it, the USB plug would not fit into the base socket. Cheap stuff I thought, however since I had other USB cables with the similar sockets I was able to charge the toothbrush.   Having no mousse I just used a watered down toothpaste, bi-carb soda.  The mouth piece does not cover the back teeth so you have 3/4 coverage.  It vibrates with sound ... had my dogs curious.   Little blue light when it charges.   I think the promotion definitely boasts more than it can actually do.   After one cleaning, I would not replace my toothbrush with it, and at this stage, I cannot comment on longer term use.   All I can say at this point, if I had known about the end result from all this trouble, I would not have bought it.

Login to Me Too

NikArs
New Community Member

My toothbrush showed up 4 months after ordering it, but the product is pathetic. It doesn't really fit in my mouth well enough to clean my teeth properly and even if it did, the bristles that do reach my teeth don't seem to be cleaning them well at all.  I feel like a fool for ordering it. I don't know how to return it as the only receipt i received was the PayPal receipt...... does anyone know how to use a PayPal receipt to track an order to the seller?

Login to Me Too

CLeighGibbons
Contributor
Contributor

I believe it is a scam. I bought shoes from them in error and tried to cancel my order within minutes with no response. I tried to contact them multiple times to cancel the order also with no response. I also tried to report them to PayPal who has done absolutely nothing. The shoes arrived at my house 7 weeks after the initial order. They're cheap, and not remotely what was advertised, and I didn't want them anyway. There was no packing slip with the shoes and no way to return them. I've asked PayPal to refund my money or not host them as a seller. 

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely correct I am in dispute with Zhixin - untrackable parcel, later parcel arrived with two small plastic bags and no ident on them or parcel sender. No goods as ordered. Fraudsters. C'mon Paypal - sort this out. Mon 10th Aug.
Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Further- My items that did not arrive were camping beach chairs with canopy advertised on facebook and Irrperb was the named company on my email receipt.
Login to Me Too

Wacker-T
New Community Member
I also ordered the camping chairs. When they did not arrive. I checked the reviews and realised the are a scam operator. I raised a case with the PayPal Resolution centre. Shortly after that I received two empty small camping stool storage bags. When I emailed Zhixin trading they alleged that I ordered 2 x bags @ $19.99 each and that the chairs were $299.00 each !!!!!!. Shocking - not sure what to do now. Don’t think PayPal will assist me in getting a refund.
Login to Me Too

CLeighGibbons
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, there are a ton of businesses attached to this company, all of them scams, none of them responsive in any way. Also keep an eye on Strtife, Aibili International, Xin Trade, and the money was paid to someone's personal name. PayPal hasn't been willing to help me regarding the actual problem, which is that this company is a scam. But I submitted a second problem ticket saying the item I got wasn't what I ordered, so I might get a refund from that. This company has until the 27th to respond to PayPal. Maybe if enough of us report this, something will happen. Probable not, but maybe.

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
I despair at Paypal not being on the ball with this. They know the problem but hope we will all go away & let it blow over. Im awaiting their final reply now - 25 Aug-not expecting them to concede. Then I will take it to BBC watchdog & others to shame them. However, i doubt that shaming will work until everyone wakes up & cancels Ppal account There are other payment option s similar to Pay pal - google it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.