Is USPOST.shop a fraud

RJBonhage
New Community Member

Purchased discounted stamps from USPOST.  PAYPAL brokered this VISA transaction and I received the stamps.  The stamps were counterfeit.

Notified PAYPAL.  They opened a claim and closed it when they determined the stamps (albeit counterfeit) had been delivered.   I thought the

whole point of PAYPAL was to transact business fairly between two legitimate parties, not to assist fraudulent merchants continue to operate

right under their noses.    

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RJBonhage 

You filed the wrong type of dispute case. Call PayPal to have it changed to “significantly not as described”.

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Disputes.
  4. Click Dispute a payment.
  5. Click Call Us, Message Us after “This information might help” box.

Item not received dispute is for claiming you didn’t receive anything.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Michael__J
New Community Member

The builtwith.com tool identifies the uspost.shop website to be hosted with shopify.com

You can report them directly to Shopify using this link:

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

Other searching shows that Etsy and Ebay have ongoing issues with counterfeit stamps not only in the US but also the UK and Canada.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-About-Shipping/Fake-Forever-stamps/td-p/136228765

Login to Me Too

Horsey35
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem...bought the "stamps" which are fake ....Paypal said they willreturn my money, once I return the stamps to germany....will cost me more to do that.  I am going to take the next step and report the seller to appropriate government office

Login to Me Too

omgbellygirl
Contributor
Contributor

That's terrible.  I have been using them for about a year without any issue.  My stamps are all legit.  I know they are located in I believe Covina or El Monte, California.  When I was visiting family in California I ordered the stamps and received them.  I figured I could go by there.  I had a friend stop by, it's a little store.  I guess I am going to research them a little more.  

Login to Me Too

Lu99
New Community Member

I am curious how you found out the stamps were counterfeit? I do not want to be using counterfeit stamps!! Did you check with the Post Office? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

rcherd
New Community Member

I am also curious about any evidence showing that USPOST.shop is fraudulent. I know of others that have used these stamps with no problem, but I have seen numerous assertions online that the stamps are counterfeit.

Could it be that the business owner(s) purchased the stamps back in 2011 when Forever stamps were first issued as an investment, knowing that the stamps would go up in value in the future and that they could sell the stamps at a profit at a future date relative to the initial cost?

I bought the minimum number of stamps to try out the service, but I have not yet received them. I do not want to use them if they are indeed counterfeit, but I have not yet seen any evidence to support that assertion.

Login to Me Too

phpmaven

So according to the Post Office, there's no such thing as discount stamps. So the assumption is that all of these sites that are selling discounted forever stamps are fraudulent. Having said that I have more than one friend who has taken the stamps to the post office and they say they are legit. I don't know how they are doing it, but the idea that they just have old stamps they are getting rid of is nonsense. They are selling 10s of thousands of these. 

Login to Me Too

rlrollboy
New Community Member

YOU CAN DETECT COUNTERFEIT STAMPS BY USING A SHORT OR LONG WAVE UV LAMP LIKE YOU WOULD USE TO KILL ALGAE IN A POND FILTER SYSTEM. IF YOU PUT THE STAMPS UNDER THE UV LIGHT THEY GLOW GREEN IF THEY ARE LEGIT, IF THEY DONT THEY ARE FAKE. AT THIS SITE I BOUGHT SEVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES OF STAMPS AND PUT THEM UNDER THE UV LIGHT AND THE ONES THAT GLOW GREEN I BUY THE ONES THAT DONT I STAY AWAY FROM THAT WAY I DONT END UP WITH COUNTERFEIT STAMPS AND YES SOME OF THEIR STAMPS ARE COUNTERFEIT.

Login to Me Too

omgbellygirl
Contributor
Contributor

OK.  I did do that.  They are real.  I had been using them for about 2 years without incident.  I mail a lot of letters also.  Non have come back as fake stamps either.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.