Invoice gameshop Without ordering

Annavdb
Contributor
Contributor

I just revieved an invoice to pay 229 usd in 3 days but I dont know the store or orderd anything. What should i do? It comes from Gameshop

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

arachelle4
New Community Member

Please report this to PayPal Customer Service: 1888-221-1161. 

Login to Me Too

BCJV
Contributor
Contributor

i just went through this this morning.  $249.20 invoice for something i didn’t order from “game shop”, a “vendor” i didn’t deal with.  a paypal person walked me through the process by telephone.  log into your paypal website.  when you click on the item from activity, you have two options, “pay” and “cancel”.  do not select pay.  select cancel.  a popup appears to confirm the cancel.  the paypal person said no need to enter anything in notes.  select cancel.  the screen refreshes and shows the invoice canceled.  after that the listing for the item in activity still shows the item, but no longer “pending”, with the text struck through and showing the item as canceled.

Login to Me Too

ritandtheworld
New Community Member

I received exactly the same email, I thought it was email phishing but then I opened my paypal account (both app and website) and it shows the same payment for review..

Login to Me Too

BCJV
Contributor
Contributor

response to a now deleted comment:  wierd that only option you saw was to pay.  suggest you talk to paypal support and have them walk you through it.  from the the menu at top select help, then help center, then contact us, then call us, then follow the dialing instructions.  the ai said my wait time would be 1 hour 20 minutes, but i got through to a human in 5 minutes.  she walked me through the cancellation procedure i described above.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dani

Hello @Annavdb and everyone else,

Thank you all for reaching out to us via the PayPal Community Forums. Based on what you are all sharing, it sounds like you're receiving invoices for purchases that you have not made, and I understand how confusing that can be. When you receive an invoice, you are not obligated to pay that invoice. If you don't recognize who sent it, or what the invoice is for, you can actually cancel the invoice to remove it from your account.

You can do so by following these steps for a Personal PayPal account.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Either find the request or invoice on your Summary page or click Activity.
  3. Click Cancel next to it.
  4. Click Yes to complete the cancellation.

I hope this helps you all get everything resolved for you quickly.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MaxPOed
New Community Member

Mine doesn't have a "Cancel" button, and now I get a yellow screaming sign saying, "Overdue!"

PayPal is about to lose me as a customer. I don't need this. They need to step up their security, because anyone can scam anyone else by sending a bogus invoice, hoping one will pay it without questioning.

I will make sure everyone I know finds out about their lax security!

Login to Me Too

dlstrong
New Community Member

Yeah, the problem with the "cancel" suggestion is that it forces you to send an email to the (clearly fraudulent) email that originated the invoice, letting them know that they've correctly identified a real person with a real PayPal account for future real targeting. I need a way to get rid of this invoice without verifying for the attackers that they struck pay dirt when trying to scam me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.