Invalid Facebook charges for $125

mherzer
Contributor
Contributor

I had my facebook somehow hacked by them creating an instagram account and getting it disabled. After Facebook disabled the account and provided no support for this issue they charged me $125  purchase for Ads that I did not make and their payment support refuses to provide any support for this. 

Paypal has how closed this charge and said it was authorized without even investigating. 

I think I need to remove all my information and close my paypal account and credit card. I always used Paypal cause I thought I was protected from charges I did not make.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mherzer 

Contact customer services requesting a more thorough investigation:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Services such as Facebook ads set up billing agreements at checkout so the system initially decides perhaps erroneously that it was authorized.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mherzer
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not even offer a way to speak to a person when you have fraud on your account to make sure everything is turned off! 

Its ridiculous and unsafe. I called the support and it simply has voice recordings to talk about the claim even though they closed it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.