Intex Pool possible scam

IzzysPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I ordered a pool my wife found on Facebook.  It had a link going to Intex website.  We ordere a 16'x32' pool for only $98.99.  Too good to be true.  I got no pool and the seller somehow used a legit trackingnumber to show it was delivered.  anyone else hear about this?  

BEWARE!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi IzzysPoppa, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If you received an item, and it is different to what was purchased, please dispute the transaction as "Item not as Described". For more information on how to open a dispute, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-when-a-purchase-goes-.... If you have already disputed the transaction as "Item not Received", and need to change the dispute reason, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/can-i-change-my-dispute-or-claim-reason-faq1735

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

IzzysPoppa
Contributor
Contributor
It is an “Item not received” because the seller charged my credit card for a large swimming pool, and when I started to wonder where it was or why I didn’t get tracking information, PayPal investigated and found that the seller had given them tracking info showing it was delivered to my home. It was not, and this was verified by the US Postal Service. The tracking number given by the seller was for a different package, sent to a different address. I wanted to make anyone aware so it does not happen to them also. I’m not finished with the yet. I will pursue it until I get my money back. Sincerely, IzzysPoppa
Login to Me Too

Isis14
New Community Member

I also purchased an Intex pool for 98.99 and when there purchase showed up in Paypal it went to some strange name starting with SHOES. If you read the About Us" information provided on their site, it say contact us at "email:" that's all. I opened an account, received an email, which stated if there was an issue to respond to this email which is a gmail account, strange. I replied to the email, the response was only "Customer account confirmation / Welcome to Intex". One would think, even Intex would go after these people. 

Login to Me Too

IzzysPoppa
Contributor
Contributor
It’s a scam. In order to resolve this I got the local postmaster to write a letter stating that I never received a package, and the tracking number associated with my shipment was a different package sent to a different address. PayPal customer service told me that once a dispute is opened on a seller they investigate it and will go so far as to cease doing business with them if they are scammers. I’d suggest to open a dispute with PayPal and don’t give u until you get a refund. Good luck, IzzysPoppa
Login to Me Too

DEANGELIA92
New Community Member

IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING DID YOU RECEIVE A REFUND BECAUSE PAYPAL CLOSED THE DISPUTE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. ONCE THE PERSON SENT A TRACKING NUMBER BACK IT WAS OVER WITH. 100 BUCKS DOWN THE DRAIN

Login to Me Too

Rennstarr
Contributor
Contributor
I fell for this scam today,
Login to Me Too

Danicole2608
New Community Member
I also ordered a pool and wanted to order a pump and so glad I didn’t I did mine through PayPal any chance were going to get our money back. The site that used to be linked to it is now been shut down. It was the first thing that popped up on a google search.
Login to Me Too

Jeninohio
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing. I ordered a pool on aug 8 and according to them I got the package on aug 9th. tracking number was fake and my credit card is not pursuing this because they said I did not try to contact them. Site is closed down, email address is fake. Paypal refused to help me with this but I'm going to keep going until I get my refund. the site was: https://www.intexsport.shop/ which is closed now.  I just want this out there so they can't take advantage of anyone else.

<removed>

Login to Me Too

DEANGELIA92
New Community Member

DID PAYPAL RESOLVE THIS SITUATION CUZ THEY SENT A TRACKING AND IT WAS LEGIT BUT IT WASNT FOR A POOL NOR MY ADDRESS 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.