Instagram Sugarbaby Scam

Beemoore33
Contributor
Contributor

Receiving direct messages on Instagram offering to be a sugarbaby with a 5 thousand dollar allowance a week, no nudes or sexting just companionship. They will then ask you for your PayPal link and email address, tell you the payment is on hold or pending and will be released to you if you make a payment of $100 bitcoin, I can only assume what happens after that. They have pretty good photoshopping skills on the images, they send to “prove” it’s done. The padlock on the website address, no spelling mistakes, no bold or capital writing, none of your typical phishing email red flags. Although they love to use the emoji’s. The only way I could stop these direct messages on Instagram was to put my account on private and turn off message request from unknown groups/people. Hope this helps someone out there.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

LauraBaby92
I'm pretty sure I'm talking to the same man!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Dora_Milaje
New Community Member

I have a Bryant [removed] telling me his wife died 6 years ago, is it the same guy?

Login to Me Too

Noormariab
New Community Member
Yes probably, i lost a lot of money on this scam without realizing What it was lol, But its Okey, the only problem is that he wont let go of me, keeps sending me messages with new Numbers and keeps saying he didnt scam me but his manager did or something hahah, just block them
Login to Me Too

MotionlessGypsy
New Community Member

I have a guy of the name Bradley [Removed] offering me 7000 a monthly allowance but I have to enroll in they gave me a link to sandbox PayPal it shows money but seems very sketchy is this a scam

Login to Me Too

mchamlin
Contributor
Contributor
I wouldn't sign up for anything through any links and if he asks for ANY money up front it’s a scam! Ask him for his PayPal email and that you need to request the money!
Login to Me Too

Ebbaia
New Community Member
I came here for exact reason. Google says sandbox a test site and not real so I refuse to link it to anything. I just see a fake $7000 sitting there.
Login to Me Too

Anngy13

Certainly, but my sugar daddy's name was George))

Login to Me Too

sofibeben
Contributor
Contributor
did he work at a construction company and lost his wife ?
Login to Me Too

ulixxx
Contributor
Contributor
hey, a week ago a guy texted me about becoming his sugar baby offering $4000 a week just for the interview. He told me to write to his finance manager about payment and he sent me a link to paypal sandbox and told me to set up an account (I didn't). The guy is a businessman, a widower. He seems super suspicious. Has anyone else seen him on instagram recently? is my name steven? This is the scam Yes ?
Login to Me Too

mchamlin
Contributor
Contributor
Seems like the same person just trying to get you to send money and keep you on the hook with his widower BS heart-wrenching story
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.