Incompetent investigatiion

tveditor777
Contributor
Contributor

I have several disputes re: a purchase online. The seller contended that my order was delivered by supplying a tracking #. PayPal accepted this as proof of delivery. Case closed. All I asked them to do was to call the USPS and give them the tracking # and it would prove the item was not delivered to my home.
They never did. Close to $400.00 in orders. I didn't think it was too much too ask. They don't give a S**T about their customers. This proves it As long as they get their cut, you could go F**K yourself. An "investigation" must be thorough. It is not. All the items in question were not delivered to me. Thank you PayPal. Close my account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tveditor777
Contributor
Contributor

I use VENMO and ZELLE. PayPal could care less. They put me through hell. I finally got some help from my CC bank. They didn't complain about checking orders or tracking #s. EVERY ONE of the "ORDERS" had a phony tracking #. So, like I said PayPal could give a rat's **bleep** about it's customers. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tveditor777 

Well yes it is too much to ask. if you bought from a scam China seller or from a Social Media ad then the odds of getting what you paid for are slim.

There are thousands of these scam sellers sending fake tracking numbers and paypal could not possibly be ringing USPS every time ''for you''.

So if the automated 'non receipt dispute' closed because of fake tracking then its up to you to do some work to try and get the money you paid back from your chosen seller. Paypal may be able to help you if you appeal.

If you want to lose your foul language and ask politely then more than happy to advise you on how to go about it.

Also you seem to forget that paypals 'customers' are there buyers AND sellers !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

tveditor777
Contributor
Contributor

I use VENMO and ZELLE. PayPal could care less. They put me through hell. I finally got some help from my CC bank. They didn't complain about checking orders or tracking #s. EVERY ONE of the "ORDERS" had a phony tracking #. So, like I said PayPal could give a rat's **bleep** about it's customers. 

Login to Me Too

Rodgers1975
New Community Member
I disagree. I didn't cuss or get ugly. The point is why they are cussing. It's out of anger because it feels like their ripped off twice. I had a similar experience. I was not able to find clear direction on how to file claim for fraud. Placed as other. After further searching found under security reporting suspicious company. It stated to file complaint as unauthorized transaction. I went and modified complaint only to have it closed as investigated as no proof unauthorized. Company posed as "Wayfair". Discover days after the transactions went to Chinese individuals. It was a Facebook link. I had never had issues buying from Facebook before and was not aware of any type of scam to even be on the lookout. Now system will not allow me to refile complaints because one was placed and closed and my only recourse is to send written letter snail mail when time is of the urgency. I've never had issues with PayPal but this experience alone I will never use PayPal again. This makes PayPal appear to be negligent in regards to sending money safe and secure. I trusted PayPal to use some kind of due diligence. Nothing. I'm out hundreds as well.
Login to Me Too

cubexvr
New Community Member

"So if the automated 'non receipt dispute' closed because of fake tracking then its up to you to do some work to try and get the money you paid back from your chosen seller." 

I have the same problem, what kind of "work" can you you do in this case !? Of course the "seller" will not respond so there is absolutely no way to get the money back without paypal. All paypal would have to do is check the fake tracking via internet which is easy, no "ringing" needed, just check online. If they are not even able to do that the so-called "buyer protection" is worthless. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cubexvr 

This has worked for loads of the folks that have gone down this route. Not guaranteed but worth it to try and get your cash back from these scammers.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sheena52852
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue. I paid a friend for a service, he took the money but I never received what I paid for. And paypal won't refund my money, and it took the them 2 hours to investigate this! Can you help?
Login to Me Too

Rodgers1975
New Community Member
I had a similar experience. I was not able to find clear direction on how to file claim for fraud. Placed as other. After further searching found under security reporting suspicious company. It stated to file complaint as unauthorized transaction. I went and modified complaint only to have it closed as investigated as no proof unauthorized. Company posed as "Wayfair". Discover days after the transactions went to Chinese individuals. It was a Facebook link. I had never had issues buying from Facebook before and was not aware of any type of scam to even be on the lookout. Now system will not allow me to refile complaints because one was placed and closed and my only recourse is to send written letter snail mail when time is of the urgency. I've never had issues with PayPal but this experience alone I will never use PayPal again. This makes PayPal appear to be negligent in regards to sending money safe and secure.
Login to Me Too

stevenng
New Community Member
i have the same issue. they deny my case and provided me with the usps tracking number. the tracking number said it was delivered to the usps parcel locker. That’s it. and now paypal locked my appeal button to reopen a case... how do we contact them by phone?
Login to Me Too

tveditor777
Contributor
Contributor

I finally gave up. I gathered all my evidence of tracking numbers, dates, etc. and explained how the tracking numbers did not show a package delivered to my home. It showed an item delivered somewhere in my neighborhood. I had 4 different fraudulent bills from people for products they never acknowledged, never showed I ordered, no communication, no e/ms NOTHING. There was NO tangible proof of an order. This is how INCOMPETENT PP is. It always sides with the seller because of the "tracking number." When I instructed PP to call the USPS and confirm that the number was phony, I get a response from some idiot that "we can't call and check tracking numbers all day." With that I gave up and directed all my evidence to Capital One Bank, the issuer of my credit card. I chronicled all the communication with the "seller." There was NONE. All the order numbers from the "seller." There weren't any. Dates, times, PayPals "investigations, etc. That was 6 months ago. I have not received any claims from these people re: these FAKE, PHONY orders. Gather all your evidence and tell PP to you know what. Don't give up. And don't uses  PayPal anymore. Go to Venmo or some other co. Pay directly with your credit card. You don't need PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.