Imposter Scam Fake HOBIE KAYAK Website

GloustaMom
New Community Member

How do I get my money back when never received anything because I immediately canceled the order. It was only AFTER PayPal made the payment I was able to see they were making payment to a fraudulent Chinese name and not the reputable American company they claimed to be on their website. PayPal should say exactly WHO payment is being issued to BEFORE payment is made!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GloustaMom 

Paypal send the payment to the email address of the merchant you tell them to send it to, just like your bank would send it to the person you pay via cheque or bank transfer (your bank doesn't check out your merchant either and neither do credit card companies).

So you cancel an order with the merchant as paypal can't cancel a payment if it has already been paid ie completed.

However they do provide you with some buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described so your best bet is to open a dispute with the appropriate option. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GloustaMom 

Paypal send the payment to the email address of the merchant you tell them to send it to, just like your bank would send it to the person you pay via cheque or bank transfer (your bank doesn't check out your merchant either and neither do credit card companies).

So you cancel an order with the merchant as paypal can't cancel a payment if it has already been paid ie completed.

However they do provide you with some buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described so your best bet is to open a dispute with the appropriate option. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.