If I don’t confirm receipt will I get my money back?

Kimble1
New Community Member
Hi I bought a bag and the payment has been taken from my account but is awaiting me clicking “confirm receipt” I have received the bag but it is not as described. The seller and I have agreed that I can return it to her. Do I have to “report it as a problem” in order to receive my money back? I’m case it’s not clear the seller hasn’t received the money yet but it has been taken from my account as a completed payment by PayPal. Any help would be great. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Kimble1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community. 

PayPal offers purchase protection for cases of unauthorized use, non-receipt, and items that are significantly not as described for 180 days. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your purchase.

If you received something that was 'Significantly Not As Described', you can open up a PayPal case. 

For steps on how to open a case, please see: What should I do if I have a problem with my PayPal purchase? 

You can’t open a dispute for payments sent as “Family and Friends.” You can send a personal payment to reimburse a friend for dinner or to collect money for a gift etc. The Purchase Protection program doesn’t apply to personal payments.

-Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.