IS "American Coradius Internacional LLC" scam???

safesafesafe
New Community Member

Today I received a letter from these people who told me that I had a PayPal debt of 905 dollars, with a web address to go and log me in with some numbers, which were in the letter. I would like to know what you think of this?

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Temp20230509B
Contributor
Contributor
Just got a letter from Coradius today saying I owed $119.95 with PayPal listed as, “creditor.” Checked my PP account and have a balance of $0.00.
Login to Me Too

TahjGFX
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am in the same situation. I would like to know how you handled ACI and what you did to solve the problem.
Login to Me Too

CHA72

Do NOT ignore the letter you received from American Coradius International. Do NOT contact the company directly. Contact PayPal directly to resolve the issue. The phone number I received over the phone from PayPal Credit (after a VERY involved and LONG wait with PayPal), was to call was to the fraud unit (sorry, but this site will not allow me to post the direct phone number). Do know that it was NOT my PayPal Credit that was compromised; it was my actual PayPal account (which has ALWAYS been paid on time). 

The fraud unit is most helpful and can resolve the issue. They will also give you a ticket number so you can refer to it should you desire to track the progress OR have questions regarding your reporting of any fraud. 

My situation: I received a letter from American Coradius International (the collection company for PayPal), stating I owed money that was now in collection. I did NOT owe the money and the amount NEVER appeared in my PayPal account. Long story short, my account had been compromised BY TWO OTHER PEOPLE who I did not know. There was NO indication that my PayPal account had been compromised until I received the letter from American Coradius. 

After speaking with the Fraud Unit: I immediately changed my password to my email account associated with PayPal. 

I hope this post will help others in the same situation.  

Login to Me Too

TahjGFX
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I would like to know what you did to solve this problem considering I am im the same situation what should I do?
Login to Me Too

toas46el
New Community Member

I also received a letter from American Coradius International. Mine said that I owed $600 but that they would take $450.01. I don't know if is a scam or an identity theft situation. I do know that I have been a victim of identity theft, and all my significant personal information was exposed. Identity theft reports were filed with the 3 credit bureaus and my credit was frozen.

I have used PayPal for years, but don't see how a person could owe them money, unless a  PP credit card was taken out.

I have no idea how to address this situation. All I know is that I don't owe PayPal any money.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
They certainly deal with scam claims.
Login to Me Too

Tanayanicole9
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to resolve this issue because I got a letter saying I owe PayPal money.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230509B
Contributor
Contributor
Called PayPal and was told to disregard the letter. I have no outstanding balance/charges.
Login to Me Too

TahjGFX
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am in the same situation and would like to know how you dealt with the situation. Thankyou.
Login to Me Too

grh215
New Community Member

i received the same thing today, I just want an answer what to do, This is too confusing, getting a phone number to paypal is a joke and i am not at a computer all day

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.