I was sent money, however, my banking and card info, as well as my SSN are not linked onto Paypal

xoxofie
Contributor
Contributor
Basically, I don’t have anything linked onto my Paypal account because I’m not comfortable with sharing my bank information, and especially, my SSN. I was sent money through Paypal, and because of what I stated previously, I’m not too sure on what happens to said funds. What happens to the money I was sent, and can I access it in the future if I do decide to link that information?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xoxofie 

PayPal is required by law to collect this information and the info you provide: SSN (tax payer status and 1099-K reporting), bank account, and card enables certain account features, lifts limits to sending/withdrawing. Better overall account performance.

The money will remain on reserve until you accept the money and open a balance account to hold & spend money with a PayPal balance in which you verify your identity or link a bank acct or debit card to withdraw immediately. If a payment status remains Unclaimed, the funds will be returned to sender after 30 days. In certain stances, you may be given a deadline to accept payment or it gets returned as well. Click the transaction for more details via PayPal website.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.