I was scammed out of a $300 Apple gift card

danimain100
New Community Member

I am an eBay seller. I had a person that was I am an eBay seller. I had a person that was going to buy an item from me and they wanted me to purchase a $300 Apple gift card to go along with the item as a gift for someone. The emails they sent me looked real, like they came from PayPal. So I did like he asked. The fake PayPal email asked for a copy of the receipt and back of the gift card so they would release my money. It was fraud and they used the $300 Apple gift card. So, I lost $300. Please help me with this. I'd really like to see this person prosecuted. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @danimain100,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. This is very sad to hear has happened and I understand how frustrating this must have been. Regrettably, because the transfer of the Apple card occurred outside of our system, there would be no options for recourse or assistance we can provide. I wish I had better news to share and hope you are able to find a solution.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.