I want partial refund because one of the items is broken but seller offered full refund.

Msusic
New Community Member

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue receiving partial refund.

I bought bicycle frame and variable seatpost. The problem is that seatpost is broken and doesn't work but frame is ok and I already built a bike around it. I reported the case to Paypal and indicated I wanted partial refund for the amount of money it takes to fix it or value of similar item but Paypal now wants me to send everything back for full refund which I have no desire to do because of the complexity of having to completely disassemble the bike and the fact I'm happy with the frame.

I've been offered full refund only and need to provide tracking number but there's no option of contacting paypal asking for only a partial refund instead.

Can someone help in this regard?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Msusic 

The dispute stage is for negotiations between you and the seller and to sort out any part returns or part refunds.

Once escalated to a claim then the only option paypal give you if they find in your favour is to return everything that you have received back to the seller for a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Msusic
New Community Member

Thanks but I have tried contacting the seller beforehand to no avail because seller never responded.

What if I were to send just the seatpost in this case? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Msusic, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member!

I understand you have disputed a transaction on your PayPal account, and you are required to return the item in order to receive a full refund. If a partial refund is offered to the seller, and they decline this, they do have the option to advise that a full refund will be issued upon return of the item. In this case, all items purchased must be returned to the seller using a tracked delivery method. I would recommend responding to the dispute case advising that you have used one of the items, and only 1 item can be returned to the seller reiterating your request for a partial refund. PayPal will review the case again, and update you via email. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.