I've tried contacting the seller, won't respond

keybroky
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a program service on 12/8/22 for $1,295, paid via PayPal. I received log-on credentials and access to the program's website on 12/11/22. The training for the program started on 12/13/22. By Day #2 (12/14/22) of the training, I quickly realized that it wasn't for me and contacted the seller right away (via email), on the evening of 12/14/22 to set up a meeting to discuss next steps.

We set the meeting (via email) for 12/16/22. But in the meantime, I emailed the seller on 12/15/22 outlining the issues I had with the program, explaining that it wasn't a good fit for my business and I needed to cancel it and get a refund. There was no response from him. But later that day, one of his senior team members contacted me via social media and told me that he saw the email, he hated to see me leave, it's a good program, etc., etc., but there still was no contact from the owner.

Aside from this being totally unprofessional of the seller, what recourse do I have via PayPal and getting this refunded before the balance starts drawing interest? Thank you for your help.

I emailed the owner a 2nd time on 12/15/22 and told him that he had obviously received my email because one of his team members had contacted me. I asked him in the email if he could give ME an update. Still no response. I then contacted that team leader again and asked if the owner had gotten my messages, if this is normal for him to do, etc. The team lead responded that yes this is normal (?) and that he's traveling. This was all done on 12/16/22 at the end of the day and I still had not received any communication from the owner.

Now it's Monday, 12/19/22, and still no response from the owner about the email or the refund. I was just getting ready to launch a dispute but wanted to come here first to get any feedback or suggestions that anyone could offer as to my next steps. If/when I do launch a dispute, will PayPal make me wait the 180 days to get my refund? Will the seller get a chance to refund before PayPal takes action?

Thanks for your feedback.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keybroky 

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described, they do not cover buyer remorse unfortunately.

You can try a dispute for 'not as described' but may well lose. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

keybroky
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your input. I guess that's why they're not responding, since they know they won't likely have to refund me. Wow.

Login to Me Too

Basoula
Contributor
Contributor

You chose a product and then made some use of it.  You may have a problem getting a refund because it was not the fault of the seller that you chose the wrong service program for your company.  He can offer you some relief but doesn't have to.  His product was not faulty, only that you didn't like it.  He may say that you utilized it and now you want to return it after your used it.  The owner should respond because avoidance is not very professional at all.  Hope all works out well for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.