I've gotten scammed and paypal is not helping.

SerenaXO
New Community Member

Hello so recently I got scammed 15$ and I sent the money as a friends and family gift because he had asked me too. I got al lot of screenshots of the chat and everything. I was dumb enough to fall for this scam. I tried contacting paypal about the issue but I've just recieved an automated closed case to where they said since the payment was unauthorized nothing would be done. I know it's just 15$ but I really need the money. The scammer posed as a sugar daddy and my dumbass fell for it. Please can anyone help me recover my lost money from paypal as their customer support does'nt seem to want to help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SerenaXO 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

adriianrus9
Contributor
Contributor

NEVER TRUST IN PAYPAL , PAYPAL NO MAKE NOTHING TO HELP PEOPLE NO INVESTIGATE A LITLLE THIS RATS ACCOUNT.. NO MAKE NORHING ENCOURAGE THIS CRIMINAL INFRACTIONAL CORRUPTED SYSTEM EVER !!!!  PAYPAL JUST CLOSE YOUR CASE ... AND NO MAKE NOTHING 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.