I’ve been scammed!

Lindsaynicole80
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased something on a website and it is fake. I tried to cancel my order right way. It they won’t respond to my emails. How can I get my money back if I haven’t received the items yet and can nit contact the seller?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lindsaynicole80 

The transaction should be listed as Completed (not Pending) in order to be disputed through the Resolution Center. If you’ve not received anything in say 7 days from now, open an item not received dispute. Escalate to a claim within 20 days of opening dispute if you can’t resolve it with seller for PayPal to review and decide case. Should in the meantime you receive a counterfeit item, file or change your dispute to a significantly not as described dispute instead. Contact customer services to change dispute type if the dispute isn’t letting you do it. Then get documentation from an authorized dealer certifying that item is not authentic, pdf it and submit it with your dispute. If seller asks you to close dispute so they can refund, that’s the time to escalate it to PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lindsaynicole80
Contributor
Contributor
Ty so much! I am waiting on PayPal to review it now! The website for my order doesn’t even exist anymore. 🙁
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.